cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidently billed myself 180 dollars

Ronny8881
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hate self server, I was upgrading my plan and it kept saying there was errors, so I did it over and over until no errors, hen I looked at VISA,and it was180 bucks I paid public mobile.

12 REPLIES 12

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

.. to be fair, it might not be fault with OP,    it looks like web server returning error while the backend is taking money every time.  

I agree with this - it's happened to me at other reputable places/sites too and usually I get charged only once, but on more than one occasion I was charged twice because of this error.

@hTideGnow 

As per my previous post.....

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Use secret/incognito mode.
  4. Firefox, chrome and safari work best.

Prevents error messages and weird stuff from happening when making changes within your account.

.. to be fair, it might not be fault with OP,    it looks like web server returning error while the backend is taking money every time.  

PM really have to fix this issue.  We see so many time with new activation.  Now it happens with plan change as well .. 

@Ronny8881 

My years of experience doing any transactions online is before you hit the enter key, isolate your self and review what you are doing. No eating, drinking, listening to anything TV, Radio, Music, telephone, texting, spouse etc etc. Just sit and concentrate. 

Blaming it is a "finicky" web site is comforting, but not true. 

Do keep in mind if you can afford the $180 that Public Mobile will take funds from your balance BEFORE your auto-pay set-up. Take this as an opportunity to use the hybrid auto-pay system. 

@Ronny8881 

Whenever you are performing changes within your account ( rather than just viewing it) always...

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Use secret/incognito mode.
  4. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

This helps prevent error messages and other weird stuff from happening.

@Ronny8881 

The moderators are very forgiving with our mistakes as we are with them. Please ask for a review link once you are done to provide feedback to pm about your customer support experience.

Did you choose change plan "now" more than once?

@Ronny8881 wrote:

I am being helped by a mod thank you everyone.

Please do report what had happened, and what the fix or resolution was, if you would?

It's good for the rest of the Community to know what options were made available for others who may find themselves in similar situations.

Hope it all works out!!!

BlueB

That's great to hear @Ronny8881.  Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!  🙂

Ronny8881
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am being helped by a mod thank you everyone.

BlueB

As @esjliv mentioned, there are Pending vs. Actual charges, and your Public Mobile account will actually show what are Actual charges.  Hopefully this helps to explain a little how it works.

Every time we submit any type of payment, the system (eg. Public Mobile) sends a request whether or not they are "allowed" to process a charge to your credit card.  The credit card system usually responds with "OK."  Your transaction is now authorized/pending...

Due to system glitches, address mismatch, fraud detection, or anything else, the payment may or may not actually be completed with the system (eg. Public Mobile).  If successful, Public Mobile will "confirm" the actual charge, at which point the credit card will post the charge to your account.

In other words, just because you see a charge show up, it could be pending before Public Mobile actually confirms one charge.  If you see a large number of actual charges in My Account - there may be options to help alleviate this.

Let us know what you see.  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ronny8881 

When you look at your View Payment History under self-serve, does the recent activity showed numerous payments totalling $180?

Look here:

HALIMACS_0-1621166954824.png

If the payments are not displaying under the above section - it's likely those excess payments will drop off and not become posted to VISA card used. 

You may wish to make a note to check your VISA payment card transactions in 2 to 3 days.

EDIT:  if the payments are showing under that section, you will notice any excess (over and above what you used to pay for the plan) are displaying under your available funds as @esjliv suggests. 

I'm presuming you chose an immediate plan change or we're adding some add-ons?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ronny8881 wrote:

I hate self server, I was upgrading my plan and it kept saying there was errors, so I did it over and over until no errors, hen I looked at VISA,and it was180 bucks I paid public mobile.

@Ronny8881 

Hi there, the website can be finicky.

Are you sure the credit card charges are Actual charges OR are they in Pending status (meaning some charges may drop away after authorized transactions are complete)?

Check to see if the additional funds are sitting in your Available Funds balance in your Self Serve account, this would mean you DID actually get charged.

You could leave the balance there which would be used for future renewals OR you could ask the Moderators for a refund...note, the refund process could take a few weeks though.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.