cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I PAID MORE THAN $35 AND MY DATA WAS CANCELLED, I D LIKE IT BACK

kmfernandez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan was for $33. I paid $15 MORE. I had data for the last two months. YESTERDAY my data was abruptly suspended, though I have paid well in excess.

PLEASE RESTORE & ADVISE ME BY PHONE

13 REPLIES 13

IssacKu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes adding extra money doesn't do anything with regards to adding more Data. You have to allocate the extra data by buying a Data Add-on. Great answer. 

IssacKu

Public Mobile is a self serve Cellula provider. This keeps overhead costs down and in return we enjoy low prices. But just like anywhere else, people working at kiosks may not be competent at their jobs. In particular, people working at Walmart or third party Mobile kiosks found in the mall both which are motivated and encouraged to sell you the most expensive plans. My family and I have been with Public Mobile for about a year and a half. And I assure you that Public Mobile is neither unethical or illegal. I have referred 6 friends thus far and I only hear good things from them about Public Mobile. Again, Public Mobile is self serve so if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask anything. 

IssacKu

There's no such thing as Data Suspension with Public Mobile. Data runs out and just renews on the next 30 day cycle

@kmfernandez wrote:

Thank you, but you did not address the issue. The issue is, that I had paid well in excess of $35 - my plan is for $33, I paid $15 MORE. SO, there is $48 on my account. WHY WAS MY DATA CANCELLED? It should be restored, and I would certaily appreciate it, since it was paid for

If you ran of data, if doesn't matter if there's $15 there. There are no data charges or service if you run out unless renewing early or buying a data add-on. Having $15 doesn't restore data service.

@kmfernandez 

We are all customers like yourself.  We have no direct control of your account.  We can offer advice and suggestions that may help with your issue.

If you are on the $35 plan ($33 with autopay), you get 1.5 GB data every 30 days.  Your data was probably not cancelled.  Your data allottment for the 30 days probably ran out.  If you run out of data earlier, then the data stops working.  Having extra money in your available funds does not get you extra data.  

If you want extra data, you would have to purchase a data add on:

$30 for 1 GB data (unused portion will roll over to next month)

$10 for 200 mb data

When is your next payment date?  That is when your new 30 day cycle will start with 1.5 GB data.  You could renew the same plan earlier, but you will need to contact moderator (PM employee).  Click on the question mark on right lower corner of webpage and start the ticketing process to get moderator help.  

You may want to consider spending extra $5 per month for the $40 plan for 5 GB data.  You likely will not run of data with that higher data plan.  

kmfernandez

Thank you, but you did not address the issue. The issue is, that I had paid well in excess of $35 - my plan is for $33, I paid $15 MORE. SO, there is $48 on my account. WHY WAS MY DATA CANCELLED? It should be restored, and I would certaily appreciate it, since it was paid for

kmfernandez

@hairbag1 wrote:

Log into My Account / Data & Add-0ns to confirm your plan. If you see no data there, it's been exhausted. When is your scheduled plan renewal ? Could be you've run out of your 1.5GB of data for this period.

Thank you, but you DID NOT address the question!!! The issue is that, data + my plan = $35. My plan is @ $33. I PAID such that I have $48, which is $13 MORE than $35. So, I SHOULD have my data renewed. The chap at the kiosque told me I would have to PAY ANOTHER $35, over and above the $$$ I already paid.

That is NEITHER ethical nor LEGAL. Kindly rectify - the $15 extra can easily put towards the data renewal.

kmfernandez

Thank you, but you DID NOT address the question!!! The issue is that, data + my plan = $35. My plan is @ $33. I PAID such that I have $48, which is $13 MORE than $35. So, I SHOULD have my data renewed. The chap at the kiosque told me I would have to PAY ANOTHER $35, over and above the $$$ I already paid.

That is NEITHER ethical nor LEGAL. Kindly rectify - the $15 extra can easily put towards the data renewal.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kmfernandez , this prepaid service actually works almost like postpaid.  When your included data is used up, that is it.  You have to buy extra add-on data.  Putting money into the account does not buy the add-on for you.  You have to make the move.  The purchases are one time, each time and not automatic.  

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@kmfernandez wrote:

My plan was for $33. I paid $15 MORE. I had data for the last two months. YESTERDAY my data was abruptly suspended, though I have paid well in excess.

How much data do you have left?  Look in self serve.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kmfernandez wrote:

Did you run out of data?  What plan were you on? 

If you were on the $35/1.5GB plan, then you may have used up all your data.  Login into your account and if the data line is missing then you have used it all up and will need to either renew to a different plan or purchase one of the data add-ons available, which are quite steep at $30/1GB or $10/200MB.

I'm not sure what you mean by you paid $15 more, perhaps you can explain it a little further?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account / Data & Add-0ns to confirm your plan. If you see no data there, it's been exhausted. When is your scheduled plan renewal ? Could be you've run out of your 1.5GB of data for this period.

kmfernandez

MY DATA WAS SUSPENDED, THOUGH I PAID $15 MORE THAN ON MY ORIGINAL PLAN. PLEASE RESTORE MY DATA TO REFLECT THE SUPPOSED SPECIAL

Need Help? Let's chat.