cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need help making a payment for my fathers phone.

Vingoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mother passed away, so the ownership of the cell phone that my father uses was transfered into his name upon her death.  I am an aurthrized user on the account. My father does not have a bank account or any credit cards.. long story, so I have had the account under my credit card, However, the card that I had it setup under is no longer valid and I need to update the info so that his line is active again.

When my mother passed, I was told by the agent on the phone that she was going to send me a link to follow so that I can setup and manage the account oniline. I never got the e-mail. I need help becuase my father right now has now way of communicating with us he's 75 years old and does not have a house phone. 

10 REPLIES 10

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Vingoe While you are waiting for the moderators to sort out access for you, your dad could make phone calls with the application from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever he can connect to wifi. It's a great backup in case something goes wrong with PM service; I have it. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Vingoe When did your mother create the account? If before Jan 27/15 use the phone to call 611 and ask them to change the card for you. Otherwise, hang on for the moderators to respond. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vingoe wrote:

I am trying to call...  but there's no phone number listed anywhere on this site. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Look at my response above!!! Woman Wink

Vingoe

Yeah, have already sent them a message, however, have not heard anything back. 

Vingoe

I am trying to call...  but there's no phone number listed anywhere on this site. 

Vingoe

Not an option.. he's had this phone number for over 10 years. 

LEGO

@Vingoe wrote:

When my mother passed, I was told by the agent on the phone that she was going to send me a link to follow so that I can setup and manage the account oniline. I never got the e-mail. 

@Luddite Based on OP response, they are most likely on granfathered plan, it is easier to call.

@Vingoe Just occurred to me that it may be simpler just to create a new account for your dad with a new phone number. We can walk you through that if you like.

It's a little confusing how your credit card was added to the account?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sad situation but sure you can get it sorted.

It sounds as though you are able to access the account online? If so, just login and click the Payment tab to find the Manage Credit card link. Delete the current card and then add your own; just be careful to enter data exactly as shown on your statement.

Also, while you are here set up your Community account to link to the account's email address.

OR provide more info about the Public Mobile account; eg. do you know the email adderss associated with it and the password to login?

LEGO

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please explain your situation
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

EDIT: You are probably on granfathered plan > Any customer who has activated before January 27th 2015, may call in by dialing *611 from your phone or 1-855-4PUBLIC 

Need Help? Let's chat.