cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't pay my plan and I'm left without a phone and I can't send a ticket for support

Tyfonner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm so close to changing phone companies, I can't get support from a phone number and your ticket system isn't working. Can I please get some help ???

19 REPLIES 19

@Tyfonner wrote:

Thank you for the solution. I'll go buy a voucher for this month and stop using public mobile. Getting support from an actual person was complicated and ridiculous,  I don't want to have to work to give my money, I don't have time for this. Thanks again for helping.

Some thoughts in case you decide to stick it out here:

• some vouchers don't go live until the next day
  • consider, as I do, fongo.com, TextNow, or Hangouts as a backup for calling/texting over wifi for these situations
  • many customers claim Community support here with moderator backup is better than a call centre. If you ever want to bypass posting here and just reach out to the moderator team you can: 

a) Obtain a ticket, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

OR

b) If you have problems with SIMon, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good luck wherever you land. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Tyfonner to add your card go here within your self service account Make a patment.png

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Once you add your card You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

If this fails, contact the moderators and ask them to to add it for you, apply the payment and restart your service. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

@Tyfonner wrote:

But I can't pay with it if it's not registered and it won't accept my card even if it's valid

@Tyfonner  Known issue with Auto-Pay failing on occasion. Hopefully Public will fix the issue soon. In most cases no need to remove the credit card on file. Just try manually adding a custom amount of plan cost + $1 dollar and in most cases it will work. If you attempt to add you credit card too many times a security lock gets triggered and needs to be reset by the moderator team.

To submit a ticket to the Public Mobile please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMON by clicking this link.

1. Enter Mod at the Ask me anything prompt and hit return
    2. Select Account-specific question
    3. Select No, I want a human
    4. Select the Click me! link

In your message explain that your Auto-Pay did not work and your phone is not working to no fault of your own. Ask them to make sure that this does not happen again.

The message will be received by Public Mobile and they will respond to it. You will receive a response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Public Mobile Moderator Team.

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here.

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post.

@Tyfonner someone already mentioned how to contact customer support on the first page of this thread. 

contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@Tyfonner wrote:

But I can't pay with it if it's not registered and it won't accept my card even if it's valid

Usually incognito mode with a fresh browser should allow you to add your card as PM's system can sometimes be glitchy.  If you've made too many attempts then waiting a little while is needed.  You can also purchase a voucher online, if you are in a hurry and don't have time to go out to a retailer or gas station for one.  Try ding.com or xoom.com, but you will be charged a fee for the convenience of online purchase.

Tyfonner

Thank you for the solution. I'll go buy a voucher for this month and stop using public mobile. Getting support from an actual person was complicated and ridiculous,  I don't want to have to work to give my money, I don't have time for this. Thanks again for helping.

@Tyfonner wrote:

My card expires 2022

Are you trying to activate a new account or has the cc worked for Public Mobile auto-payments in the past ?

You could get a payment voucher at the local Canada Tire or similar retail provider to get you going...then contact moderators to deal with the cc issue later.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you attempted to enter your card number too many times it will lock your card out of the system

Tyfonner

@Tyfonner wrote:

My card expires 2022

@Tyfonner   Are you having a problem with adding your CC for payment in your account or that autopay didn't go through although you have a CC on account?

If the former, then try clearing your cache/cookies and using a different browser with incognito/private mode enabled remembering not to add apt # or any spacing for the postal code as mentioned earlier.  Also remember you can dial 611 and make your payment with either a registered CC on file or a voucher, as mentioned earlier.

Carniam

Call 611 you should be able to make a payment with your card that way

Tyfonner

I removed my credit card to try and update it but now I can't even upload the information back again. 

Carniam

Sometimes autopay messes up. Please try to put your card in again. Please note that too many failed attempts will lock your card for a period. It may also be helpful to add the card in incognito mode

@Tyfonner 

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank

Tyfonner

My card expires 2022

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What issues are you having to make a payment for your plan?

You can used credit card or you can also buy vouchers to pay at many gas stations & convince stores.

Here is a list of places to buy vouchers.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

And if the chat box is not working for you you can click link below to private message moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Carniam

If your plan expired and you have autopay enabled, please check to make sure your card has not expired. You can also top up your account using vouchers or through a credit card by dialing 611

Tyfonner

I can't make a payment with my credit card. It always seemed to work but now I can't even register it.

Carniam

What seems to be the problem?

Need Help? Let's chat.