cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to top up

HwangTea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to top up since I have used 100% data 3G speed. My activation date was on Aug 29, if I top up now, would I be charged again on Sep 29?

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@HwangTea 

I am assuming that you are on the $15 PM plan. You can log into your Self Serve account and click on Purchase Add-ons and purchase additional data or upgrade your plan better yet.

@HwangTea 

What plan do you currently have? If you have a promotion tied to it you may not want to change plans as you would likely lose it. An early renewal via customer support may be the best option.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HwangTea wrote:

I want to top up since I have used 100% data 3G speed. My activation date was on Aug 29, if I top up now, would I be charged again on Sep 29?

You can buy a data addon (1GB for $15) see your addon option through your Self Serve under Purchase Addons.

Just to make sure...have you check your Self Serve to make sure your Data line DOES NOT exist any longer (this would mean you have used up your Plan Data for this cycle).

Sometimes phones can be set up to warn us if a certain amount of data is used, so wanted to make sure this was not the case here.

If you are thinking of renewing the same plan early, you will need Customer Support to do that for you by submitting a ticket.

If you want to change your plan before this cycle is finished, you can do that by adding funds for the plan amount then choosing Change Immediately.

NOTE: you lose out on the funds already paid in your current cycle though - no prorating.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HwangTea wrote:

Yes you will be charged for your plan on Sep 29. A top up done before Sep 29 will go to your balance only and sit there til your next payment is due..... but you can buy an add on with funds in your balance.  PM takes money from your balance first and then, if needed, from your auto-pay set up. You need to look at your expected usage of data and consider a new plan OR buy a $15 add on of 1 GB of Data. Your plan data, if any left, does NOT roll over month to month BUT the "add on" 1 GB will. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@HwangTea since you already used up your current plan in just 2 weeks or so.  Maybe you should think about changing plan, to some higher plan with more data. 

You can do a Change Plan now if you go to My Account and click Change Plan and PM will charge you now and start the new cycle now 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@HwangTea wrote:

If you renew your plan immediately you will not get any credit for your current plan. Your new renewal date will be 30 days from today. You can buy a data add-on as an option in self service. Any unused data will be rolled over to your next cycle. You may want to consider moving up a plan if you are going quickly through data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HwangTea : Topping up doesn't do anything until you buy something like an add-on or immediate plan change or ask for early renewal. Then at your renewal it can use that top up. No you won't be charged again.

Need Help? Let's chat.