cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch a pay day on my account?

Body777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have been connected to Public Mobile in a middle of the month and now my cycle starts on 15-17th day of the month (depends on a month), want it to be changed for the Pay day at the end of every month 28-31 for upcoming month, how is it possible to change?

9 REPLIES 9

Yes to all the above but the OP asked how to change their renewal date which everyone else pointed out was pointless. So I answered how to change the renewal date. Yes moderator help is needed unless one were to change plans then likely change back 30 days later. If someone really wanted to make the renewal date change they could even be creative to switch down to a lower priced & lower data plan THEN renew early back to their higher priced plan after the 15 or whatever number of days lowering their cost of the change. But... Since in all likelihood the OP wanted it to STAY at the month end which it won't do.... a pointless excercise.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector That's right but it would be silly to do it.  Renewing early only does any good if you've ran out talk, text, or data. Any other time, it wastes money.  Early renewal needs moderator assistance.

The literal answer to your question of how to change your renewal date is to renew early one month. If you renew now around the 15th but want your renewal to be the 30th you renew early on the 30th. That resets your next renewal to 30 days from then. It also tosses away half of your monthly payment in the month that you renewed early. Of course as pointed out already, because it renews every 30 days it won't stay at the end of the month for ever but will move about 5 days earlier in the month Each year. But, that IS how to move your renewal date.

AE_Collector

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Body777, there is two ways:

1. Set up your calendar according to the yearly calendar, and put a reminder n your phone. Because the cycle is every 30 days, well, that will most likely change as well. 

2020-calendar-template.png

2.  What works well for you is making manual payments to my account, and I have enough for at least 3 or 4 months. This way, if for some strange reason, the server goes down, and the payment is due that evening, my account will be fine. 

3. Although changing the payment cycle is hard especially it's every 30 days, it will eventually work itself around and get there. But, then it'll be gone again.

The question for you is this because you want to use this as a business write-off for each month? In the end, the accountant will be able to see the receipt/invoice and calculate the monthly charges. I had a similar issue too, but accountants know what they are doing.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Your best bet is every monthly payday, manually pay your renewal costs for the next renewal period. Leave your on-file cc with autopay enabled and you'll still get the Autopay Reward, as mentioned above. 

Alternative is to buy payment voucher on payday...then call 611 to have them applied to your account whenever you like.

Good luck and welcome to PM.

@Body777 You can freely pay on any date, but your account will renew every 30 days. If you start with a your plan cost + $5.00 on your account, you can make a payment each month on the same day, and you won't lose service for a year. I'd put $10 to be sure.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Body777 

You will not lose autopay rewards if you pay manually. Just make payments when it's good for you

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Body777 

PM billing cycle is 30 days in length.  Therefore, your renewal date will change depending the month with 31 or 28/29 days.  Your renewal date will 5 days towards the beginning of month.

You can add fund to your account on your end of month pay day to be used for your mid month renewal.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Body777 its a 30 day cycle. It doesn't make sense to try to do it. Almost every month you would have to go a few days without service in order to make it possible. It's better to put the money into your account each payday to pay for your phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.