cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change credit card in autopay?

aceinlacey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card I was using for auto pay has been destroyed due to fraugulent activity. My question is how can I remove it and replace it with an updated card. I have been able to cancel, and then reapply for autopay yet the old card is still in place with no option to change? Thank you in adavance for any suggestions and help!

28 REPLIES 28

huyez

Thank you! It works😀

@popping 

Thanks for confirming that. It has already just helped a customer a few minutes ago....

@sunghye 

Thank you for that bit of info that made me investigate this option a little further.

I owe both of you a third of a solution!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious 

I don't remember what was in the old form.  But those are the info which I provided.

A few months ago, I change the address at my autopay cc and did not update my autopay info at the 3 PM accounts using that cc.  PM server continued to get fund from my cc for the last few months without any issues. 

I did add fund manually without any issue before my next renewal date which is 2 weeks after the address changed at the cc company.  I am following my engineering principal.  If it works, don't fix it and left it alone without updating my autopay cc info in my accounts.

Edit:

I did not add fund manually before my renewal date a few days ago.  My accounts was renewed without any issue.  

@sunghye 

You know I happened to notice that little line just the other day in my account and simply passed it off as a reminder that if you do indeed move then you need to update the credit card billing address once you have updated that info with your credit card issuer.

But it never occurred to me at the time that this may be a viable option for updating credit card info that may be less finicky then under the payment page's "manage my card" option. I would still recommend after updating a $1 test payment or even the plan amount for the upcoming renewal to ensure that the payment will go thru and an autopay failure does not occur.

@popping 

When you were testing credit card registration a while back you did it thru autopay registration on the payment page. Did it bring you to the same screen as this one? I am just curious if similarily this card update option would require the profile address and card billing address to match exactly?

Screenshot_20211220-073243~2.png

sunghye

How to change credit card information

1) Login to Selfserve, click "My Profile" tab.
2) Above "First Name", you can see little letters "be sure to update your credit card address as well by clicking here"

3) Click "here"
4) Fill up blanks and click "Register"

rcampiti

ok, thansk

@rcampiti not a good day to do this.  Something wrong on the system.. many failed autopay today.  If not urgent,  try tomorrow or even next week.

rcampiti

I found the link now and am trying to update the card.  It keeps giving me this

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

@rcampiti 

You can find "manage my card" either by scrolling down to the bottom of the payment page or by clicking "one time payment" and its in the middle of the page under the choose payment option box.

@rcampiti 

Heres my advice....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

rcampiti

I followed the instructions to update my credit card but I do not see what is described in the post.  How do I change my credit card on file.  It has now expired.

Bunny2020

It's re-arranged. Found it here.

1. Go to Payment

2. bottom of page "Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"

Replace this credit card
Remove this credit card
4.Save and Exit

@School4 

Its better to go to "make a payment" if you are on the actual payment page you will see in small print "manage credit card" click in that it will give you the options of "replace" or "remove" card. Choose "replace". 

Be sure to do this with a clear browser, using sercret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.

Remember to copy your address exactly in ALL CAPS if necessary with no space in the postal code.

@School4 wrote:

Hi, I just tried this.  I had one option only.  So now instead of a new card provided, I am stuck with a pending application for auto pay--ALL over again, with the same old cc which is about to expire. 

Why am I not provided an option to remove a card, or replace a card?

The option to change your card isn't within the Manage Autopay option. If Autopay is enabled, going there will only provide the option to turn autopay on or off.  To replace the card, there is a "Manage my card" option on the previous page after going into the Payment tab.

@School4 To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

School4

Hi, I just tried this.  I had one option only.  So now instead of a new card provided, I am stuck with a pending application for auto pay--ALL over again, with the same old cc which is about to expire. 

Why am I not provided an option to remove a card, or replace a card?

Thank you in advance

UPDATE:  I got it! Thanks anyway. 

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

THANK YOU!!

I was searching for it on my own with no luck, I too have to update the CC info, this was a clear and accurate answer!

AdventrGrl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I found the link!  I was digging too deep. Thanks for your assistance!

AdventrGrl

I want to change the credit card I am using for Autopay.  I am in manage my autopay and I am seeing delete but not an option to change credit card. Can someone point me in the right direction?

aceinlacey

Thank you! Cheers!

aceinlacey

Thank you! Will keep that in mind.Great info!

bill_103

Awesome, thanks for that clarification 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bill_103 wrote:

Glad other poster solution worked  just make sure you change your credit card before your month expires or your account gets cancelled I believe.

It only gets canceled if left un-renewed for 90 days. Otherwise it goes into suspension and turns off service waiting for renewal.

bill_103

Glad other poster solution worked  just make sure you change your credit card before your month expires or your account gets cancelled I believe.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@aceinlacey wrote:

Thank you! Excellent directions and worked flawlessly!

Glad I could Help! Smiley Happy

aceinlacey

Thank you! Excellent directions and worked flawlessly!

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@aceinlacey wrote:

My credit card I was using for auto pay has been destroyed due to fraugulent activity. My question is how can I remove it and replace it with an updated card. I have been able to cancel, and then reapply for autopay yet the old card is still in place with no option to change? Thank you in adavance for any suggestions and help!

Click the My Account buttom top right of this page. 

1) Login to Selfserve, click Payment tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Hope this helps!Smiley Happy

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@aceinlacey  a écrit :

My credit card I was using for auto pay has been destroyed due to fraugulent activity. My question is how can I remove it and replace it with an updated card. I have been able to cancel, and then reapply for autopay yet the old card is still in place with no option to change? Thank you in adavance for any suggestions and help!AE54E0A8-D9CC-4D0A-913F-F86055F13146.png

Manage my card in orange in your payment page in your self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.