cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel my account

pamelaabreu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to cancel my account i already remove my credit card auto pay but still your getting money to my credit card i just want to cancel my account can someone help me regarding to this matter

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Starshoot

Do not add money and remove your auto pay. If no money is in the account, after 90 days, the account will be closed.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just port out your number to another carrier and that will effective close your account on any carrier that you port out of.

@mpcdesign wrote:

It won't even take any funds if you have any in your available funds, because you removed Autopay. If you click on Manage Credit Card, and you see your credit card, it is then obvious, you haven't taken the AutoPay OFF on your account. 

If you have enough available funds, plan will renew regardless of having AutoPay enabled/disabled. The AutoPay feature only authorizes the system to charge funds from added payment method if needed.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@pamelaabreu, I agree with everybody else, if you already removed AutoPay and your credit card, then basically, they can't charge your account. 

It won't even take any funds if you have any in your available funds, because you removed Autopay. If you click on Manage Credit Card, and you see your credit card, it is then obvious, you haven't taken the AutoPay OFF on your account. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 3.59.34 PM.png

@pamelaabreu Log into your self-serve account. Go to payment history and take a screenshot of that page. Make sure to remove any personal info. Post that screenshot here and we might be able to tell you what happened. Also please confirmed the date of transaction on your cc.

@pamelaabreu use this private message link to contact the moderators directly and explain your situation 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Sorry to see you go.  Stay safe. 

pamelaabreu

How to contact moderator???

thankS

@pamelaabreu  Did you follow@JoyLuck 's suggestion and contact a moderator and explain your situation?  Thanks. 

pamelaabreu

Yes i already remove it since last month and i did double check again and now i saw  that they charge me again this month april for my credit card u even double charge me one from my credit card and auto load. Last month bill cycle 

@pamelaabreu could,you please log into your self service account and see if it has been removed? Thanks.

pamelaabreu

@pamelaabreu What's the date of the credit card charge? Is it a March charge appearing on April's statement?

Do you have more than 1 PM account?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pamelaabreu

Yes they charge me for the month of april even i remove my credit card in autopay last march

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@pamelaabreu 

I think your question has been answered but sad to see you go. Was there a particular reason you are cancelling? Maybe oracles can do an exit interview and keep you. 😀

pamelaabreu

How can it be 90 days if you still getting money from my credit card even i cancel my autopay i did remove the auto pay since last march and removed my card there i dont know why do you store my credit card no.do you have a customer service that i can cancel my account directly

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@pamelaabreu wrote:

How to cancel my account i already remove my credit card auto pay but still your getting money to my credit card i just want to cancel my account can someone help me regarding to this matter

Thanks

If you removed autopay your account will be closed after 90 days from your renewal date. If autopay has been removed (check self service) and you are still being charged contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@pamelaabreu You shouldn't get charged if you already removed your cc. Did they charge you recently after removing your cc? 

Once the account gets into suspended status for 90 days, it is automatically deactivated. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@pamelaabreu If you removed your card from Autopay, then it's enough. It will be cancelled itself after 90 days. You also can use Lost/stolen feature on your self-service to stop the service as well. Sorry to see you go. What was the issue? Did you find a better deal? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.