cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access old bills no longer being a Public Mobile memeber

mpaysen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I need to access some 2017 phone bills for tax purposes, but no longer have a public mobile account. Is there a way for me to somehow log in and access these old pdf's?

Thanks,

Mitra

10 REPLIES 10

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@mpaysen wrote:

Hi there, 

I need to access some 2017 phone bills for tax purposes, but no longer have a public mobile account. Is there a way for me to somehow log in and access these old pdf's?

Thanks,

Mitra

If you cannot get bills (more like screenshots) from Public Mobile, perhaps your credit card company can help.
You can print statements online or ask Customer Service for them.

@v2131111  + @computergeek541 

I had 4 lines under Mobilicity so no idea where this is coming from

2 of them I kept and migrated over to Chatr

Back in the day Public had no SIM cards and Mobi was far better coverage than Wind (plus free roaming with Mobi)

You guys realize it was PREPAY service right?

So you could not pay for a month "late"

If you missed your bill date for whatever reason the date you paid became your new bill date

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mpaysenUnless you are being audited (if so, good luck).. you don't really need to have the copies of the bills for tax reporting purposes, just the number to report, eg you can inference it from your cc bills.

v2131111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@v2131111 

That's not true on either claim

Mobilicity did not make you pay for suspended service (and Chatr as well does not do this)

Mobilicity did charge for time that your service was suspended if you wanted to resume service during the same billing cycle that you paid late in (you still had to pay the full amount).  In fact, they even had a service fee if you wanted to get customer service to change your billing date for you.

Thank you That's Exactly what I said not sure why @kav2001c is arguing for no reason. Like I said to him, I am going by personal experience not something I read on the internet. I am not going to directly respond to him anymore. 

@kav2001c wrote:

@v2131111 

Mobilicity did not make you pay for suspended service (and Chatr as well does not do this)

Mobilicity did charge for time that your service was suspended if you wanted to resume service during the same billing cycle that you paid late in (you still had to pay the full amount).  In fact, they even had a service fee if you wanted to get customer service to change your billing date for you.

@v2131111 

As for prepaid, Wind/Freedom, Bell, Solo, Rogers & Fido all issue bills for prepay services

Even Public Mobile will issue the bill upon request (my argument is the request should not be required but that is an entirely different discussion)

@v2131111 wrote:

I have had and currently have every major prepaid provider. The only one that ever issued bills was Mobilicity, because Mobilicity issued bills you had to pay for suspended service as well. I don't just write stuff because I read it. I write things mostly from personal experience

v2131111

@kav2001c wrote:

@mpaysen 

2017?

I doubt you would be able to access them now

@v2131111 

Actually Public is the only prepaid provider to not issue bills

I have had and currently have every major prepaid provider. The only one that ever issued bills was Mobilicity, because Mobilicity issued bills you had to pay for suspended service as well. I don't just write stuff because I read it. I write things mostly from personal experience

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@mpaysen 

2017?

I doubt you would be able to access them now

@v2131111 

Actually Public is the only prepaid provider to not issue bills

v2131111

@mpaysen wrote:

Hi there, 

Thanks,

Mitra

Public Mobile is a Prepaid Provider and like almost every prepaid Provider have not issued bills in pdf format or any other format. Even if you were still a customer you still couldn't just log in and get them.   Also let's assume they did most post paid active accounts lets you go back up to 18 months depending on the Provider.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mpaysen wrote:

Hi there, 

Thanks,

Mitra

it is hard to get paper copies of current bills this could be an issue.  Your best bet is to private message the mods.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.