cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Escalate "Come back to Public for up to $200 of sweet savings off your annual phone bill" ?

DMoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received an email with the subject "Come back to Public for up to $200 of sweet savings off your annual phone bill" and rejoined Public Mobile activating a plan of $40 or more, which according to the email is supposed to provide me with a $15 monthly credit for 12 months. I  have yet to receive any credit on my account.  How do I get help?

11 REPLIES 11

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They do give little gifts every so often.  For example, last Christmas, everyone received 400 international calling minutes and 1GB of data, both rolls over until used up.  Last summer, they also give away 1GB of data to everyone as well!  Both existing customers only.

However, I can agree that existing customers do not receive enough promotions.  Maybe it’s because we’re spoiled that postpaid providers have a retentions department to negotiate rates, but it’s how Public Mobile runs.  I’d admit this one a bit of a rub in the face...  With the $15 plan, this essentially becomes $3/mo first year after the discount and autopay.  What happened to customer loyalty?

@NDesai wrote:

This seems like a win back offer automatically sent to accounts that ported out? Interesting to see another strategy taking place to bring back leaving customers.

It is encouraging to see new innovation to get customers but I have to admit I get tired of the people complaining every time there is a promotion that “Why aren’t us loyal customers able to take advantage of this offer”. Sometimes these “loyal customers” have been with PM three even FOUR months already. It drives me nuts as other cell companies don't even give the little gifts to current customers that PM does and PM is the inexpensive guy, not the big time operator. SO, offers like this just make me think of people gaming the system switching back and forth to see whet they can get ultimately driving the companies costs up.

AE_Collector

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm  same offer. It was 10 or 15 depending on plan.

This is the first time I have encountered winback offers from pm

This was the info. Same as was discussed several weeks ago.

Activate by June 30, 2020 using this email xxxxxx.com for major savings of up to $200*. Get $10 off your bill for 12 months when you activate on a plan $25/mo or lower (Total value: $120) OR Get $15 off your bill for 12 months when you activate on a plan $40/mo or higher

@Naepalm wrote:

@NDesai looks like one thats even better then the one they offered to returning customers a month ago. Which was 10.00 off per month. Unless the savings drops depending on your plan. 

Have you seen promotions like this in the past? 

They recently started doing this. It's targeted offer and not sure of the time after leaving they send such offers, so we don't hear about it often. 

@NDesai looks like one thats even better then the one they offered to returning customers a month ago. Which was 10.00 off per month. Unless the savings drops depending on your plan. 

Have you seen promotions like this in the past? 

@mimmo wrote:

@DMoore one of the requirements was to use the email address that the offer was sent to.  just confirming that you did adhere to that stipulation.    I thought the promo was applied mid cycle.  If you do find out more details  can you post.  one of my accounts recently rejoined under this promo and I am curious on timelines as well.

This seems like a win back offer automatically sent to accounts that ported out? Interesting to see another strategy taking place to bring back leaving customers.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DMoore one of the requirements was to use the email address that the offer was sent to.  just confirming that you did adhere to that stipulation.    I thought the promo was applied mid cycle.  If you do find out more details  can you post.  one of my accounts recently rejoined under this promo and I am curious on timelines as well.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@DMoore 

If you dont see it close to your renewal date then click the bottom right question mark type did not receive promotion, then contact us. This will put you in touch with a Moderator. 

You will see shortly on your overview a line on the left that will say something like 15.00 come back promotion 0/12. Then after the first 30 days the credit will be applied and it will read 1/12. 

My sister signed up for the lunar promotion or something where she got 6 to 8 months with 10.00 off, Im a but foggy on the details. I asked her she said the credit was applied to her account before each renewal. 

Hope this helps. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DMoore,

That does sound like a sweet deal! If it has only been within your first month back, you will likely need to pay full amount on your first month.

If you do not see anything after the first month, I would suggest contacting the Moderators. Two ways to reach them.

1-

esjliv_0-1592655950795.jpeg

 2- via private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

Welcome Back - Hope you enjoy your time and services with PM!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@DMoore  the credit should be received within 30 days and applied to your second 30 day cycle bill. Welcome back to PM. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Usually it can take up to 30 days before you receive the credit.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.