cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel service

pjhtyl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have help my father activated a sim card. With user name: ********************@hotmail.com. This email was no longer active. I requested to change email to ******************@gmail.com. Since then he is not able to login in to view his account. And now the SIM card is not able to call out and in with a direct mail box. It is set as auto prepay. Can I cancel this SIM? He has been frustrated with this. 

7 REPLIES 7

@pjhtyl 

If you'd made the decision to cancel, contact the Moderators - please remove the payment/credit card associated with the subject account before doing this.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@pjhtyl   if you checked the CC and confirmed that last time PM charged you was over 30 days ago, and the phone is now not working, you can assume the service is suspended as it wasn't pay.

However, to be on the safe side,  i would open a ticket with Mod to get the logon issue fixed, then logon and confirm if account was indeed suspended, and remove autopay as well

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Be prepared Mod will try to verify identity and ask you these questions:

. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

a. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
b. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
c. Alternate phone number if any.
d. Security question and answer.
e. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
f. Last 4 digits of sim card.
g. Any rewards in your account.
h. Autopay y/n?
i. Account #.
j. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjhtyl : What happens when you dial 611 on that phone? If it says you're suspended and wants money then you could choose to just walk away.

But if you want to keep the number or renew the service, I listed options for you until you can regain access to the self-serve. At least to get service back.

pjhtyl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your reply. The most problem is I’m not able to login in.  It always say invalid. So I can’t change anything. Is there admin that can cancel for me? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjhtyl : Well if you really want to cancel, you could just walk away right now seeing as how the service seems to have suspended for lack of payment due to an unfortunate autopay failure. But walking away would mean not being to take the number with you.

Did you get a response back from the moderators saying they completed the email address change?

You have a couple options still available.
1. buy a voucher online or in many stores and use the 611 service to redeem it
2. use the Instant Top-up method in a few stores
3. if you (he) remember(s) the 4 digit PIN on the account, you could try using the payment card in the 611 service.

Edit: you might still have the PIN from a text from 611 on the phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@pjhtyl   the email is no longer active, so you need to contact Mod to update the email to an active one.  Once it is updated, you can logon to the Self-serve and cancel Autopay as well as select suspend service

(but since you can't call in and out, maybe Autopay already failed?  did you check the credit card to see when was the last time PM got the money from the CC?  If the last time PM got the service was over 30 days ago and service is not working, the account is likely already suspended and so you don't need to do anything since you are planning to cancel)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pjhtyl 

To cancel service, simply remove auto-payment card which may be associated with the account.

When the service doesn't renew, it'll suspend.

After 90 days, it'll permanently deactivate.

Need Help? Let's chat.