cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get my service re-activated?

harsheng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I travelled outside of Canada for the last two weeks, and come back today on Feb 17. The credit card I registered for auto-payment was cancelled three days before my travel, because somebody has stolen my card. I could not receive the replacement card before my travel, so I did not update my PM account. And the payment date is today, the day I come back from travel. Charge on the card is attempted this morning and failed (of course, because the card was cancelled), and my account is deactivated. I got the SMS message and update my account with a new card, and paid the balance due. My account status changed from deactivated to activated. But I still cannot use my phone yet.

Just wondering how long does it take for me to be able to use the service again? Or what else I need to do to get my service back?

7 REPLIES 7

@harsheng wrote:

I need to be a little bit more patient. I have service now.

PM self-service is actually excellent.

So what did you do to get the phone going or did it just fix itself with time ?

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@harsheng wrote:

Glad to hear everything worked out! I've also been quite impressed with PM's self-serve...more efficient and generally quicker to resolve issues compared to traditional customer service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harsheng wrote:

Did you do anything in particular or did it just start working? If something then what?

harsheng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harsheng wrote:

I travelled outside of Canada for the last two weeks, and come back today on Feb 17. The credit card I registered for auto-payment was cancelled three days before my travel, because somebody has stolen my card. I could not receive the replacement card before my travel, so I did not update my PM account. And the payment date is today, the day I come back from travel. Charge on the card is attempted this morning and failed (of course, because the card was cancelled), and my account is deactivated. I got the SMS message and update my account with a new card, and paid the balance due. My account status changed from deactivated to activated. But I still cannot use my phone yet.

Just wondering how long does it take for me to be able to use the service again? Or what else I need to do to get my service back?

Hey wait a minute...it's not Feb 17 🙂

Another possibility I suppose is...did you use another service while you were out of country? If so then maybe you need to manually scan and find and connect to Public Mobile. Unless you left it on auto.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@harsheng, in my experience, as soon as you update the payment info and make a payment using your self-serve account, you should have service. You might have to restart your phone and wait a few minutes.

EDIT: I just re-read your message...definitely try what @Anonymous mentioned regarding your account status.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harsheng

Either a simple restart or

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.