cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do Vouchers work?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

You would think on the receipt it says Voucher Number, you enter this number in the account but it doesn't work. I tried sending a reply to a moderator, but I am at the limit of sending private messages. 

So, am I supposed to be giving out the Pin Numbers and Voucher Numbers to the moderator to enter into the system? This kind of sounds silly if we all to do this for any payment on our accounts...meaning, getting in touch with a moderator and get them apply our vouchers to the account. What happened to self-pay? Or am I doing something wrong? 

19 REPLIES 19

@Shazia_K, @Luddite

Finally, the issue is resolved. Not sure what @Shazia_K, did to make the first voucher work, but as soon as one worked, I tried the remaining ones, and her good luck charms took off. The stars finally aligned for me. I was not looking forward to going to Canadian Tire to fight over the inactive vouchers. I have the weirdest feeling, and these vouchers were not activated for 72 hours! According to the receipt, it says 24 hours the cards will be activated. So nerve wrecking.

Thank you both for your help

@mpcdesign If Canadian Tire does not provide a refund, try entering them from your phone by dialing 611. The amounts should show up in "Available Funds" and will be used before charging your credit card on the next renewal.

If that fails and you still cannot add them while logged into your account, or with moderator assistance, please raise a brand new topic and/or send me a private message. Together we will find a moderator who will get it done.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yes and No. I don't know if they really read the messages or not. Yes, my account was suspended. Then I was able to get my account active again via credit card (issue was the suite number in the dialog box that PM has!), but, now on my desk I still have $145 worth of PM vouchers that I can't apply to my account. Hence the title of my message 'How do Vouchers work?' ... sorry, am getting very frustated with the vouchers.  Some moderators have given tried in different ways, and some moderators say my account is already active and don't worry about. Maybe vouchers are the problem and should not be used ever. Because,it isn't working on my end. Now, I must go to Canadian Tire and see what they can do. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mpcdesign wrote:

Yeah, I just tried that. No, go. Am not 100% sure what to do, because I will be out $145.60 now.

@mpcdesign did you hear anything back from the moderator team yet?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Yeah, I just tried that. No, go. Am not 100% sure what to do, because I will be out $145.60 now.

Yeah, I just tried that. No go. Am not 100% sure what to do, because I will be out $145.60 now.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mpcdesign Have you tried adding the vouchers by calling 611? Sorry if I missed your post on this option.

There has been a spate of entry problems in self serve for vouchers and credit cards. Robot Mad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

voucher.jpg

Screenshot-2018-4-25-Public-Mobile---oneTimeTopUp-Page(2).jpg

Edit: looks like @Jorno was faster...

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here is a post based on my experience with using a payment voucher for payment.

@mpcdesign, I understand that you have tried entering the voucher PIN.  My experience may not help you; however, I share the post with hopes it may help someone else.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have used the voucher system before.  It has been 6 months since, but I recall all I did was enter the voucher number on the print out given to me by the agent at the Canadian Tire gas bar.  That was it.  The funds appeared in the account immediately.  I wonder if the problem with entering the voucher has to do with the buggy self serve portal. 

My account is no longer suspended. Its seems someone else had the exact same issue as I did. I live in a condo, and I had entered the suite number in the box provided. This is what made the payment system failed. Once I removed that, my credit card worked.

In the meantime, I bought $145 (includes taxes) worth of Public Mobile vouchers and I am not able to apply these vouchers to my account. 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mpcdesign, I see in your earlier post (found here) that your account is suspended.

Do you still have service or has service stopped working?

For others with more knowledge than I and are trying to help, would a suspended account prevent the acceptance of payment vouchers?  Does a moderator need to be contacted to reactivate the account?

I just cleared my cache and cookies. I was able to send a message to the moderator. Now, it's just a waiting game. 

Why is this so hard to make a payment either through a credit card or voucher!

This is so frustrating. I went from Fido who randomly charges me mystery fees to Public Mobile, who am trying to pay, but the system won't let me!

No, that didn't work either.

srlawren

@mpcdesign did you try @mimmo's trick to get around the private message limit?  You could also try from a different browser, I believe that works as well.  Or even try using Incognito mode.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Just tried. Nope. Same message. Unfortunately, Voucher #6-----------9 could not be added. Please verify the Voucher and try again.

Did that way before I posted this message n here. It's frustrating because, if it doesn't work, am out $146. Can't bring back to a store---final sale. And I can't send a message to a moderator as am capped out for sending out messages. Sigh.

srlawren

@mpcdesign try entering just the PIN and not the voucher number.  My recollection is that it's the PIN that needs to be entered in self-serve to apply the voucher.

mimmo

Log out then in to fixtures the message sending part.

I thought you just enterd  the vouture number that is printed on the receipt to see them in the payment page.

Need Help? Let's chat.