cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I take over a plan that my friend started??

Ldubb538
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What do i specificay need to know? Is it locked to him email? Can I change the info, password, number?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PM10Plan wrote:

Yes, I didn't carry through, just confirmed that field isn't there.

@PM10Plan 

lol Apparently I haven't tested this. So you still have a card registered and presumably autopay toggled on?

My assumption had been that as soon as you click one of those options that that in effect removes the existing card then.

But now we know that the apt# field is gone. Finally. Thanks

@kselmak : Yeah I do like Jan 1 of 20 years ago whatever year I'm in. Remembering it...not so much. 🙂 That way they can "know" that I'm an adult and can make contractual agreements. As if that would stop a minor.

PM10Plan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I didn't carry through, just confirmed that field isn't there.

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes that's not verifiable and i don't like to set my dob anywhere unless i must. I always suggest people to have an imaginary one like 05.05.1955 and stick with it for all similar forms. You probably don't want to go into 16 centry, probably want to keep it close enough to your age but not easy to guess. It's just for verification purposes so you should remember it in a case you need to prove you are the account holder. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PM10Plan wrote:

There's no apt number field in mine.

@PM10Plan 

You went in to replace or remove your card in Manage my card?

PM10Plan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There's no apt number field in mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak : Oh right...date of birth. It can be anything as its not verified but we can't change it ourselves after activation.

So I clicked on the changing address for payment card link in the My Profile page and saw that it did not ask for a unit #. So I went into my dormant account where I don't have a card registered and lo and behold...no apt#. This is with no card registered. Maybe they finally got rid of that field.

If someone here might go to "Manage" their card and see if the apt # field is there that would also complete this thought.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

As long as your friend is the owner he has to contact moderators to change the email to yours. You can then change all the info except the pin and date of birth, for that you will need to contact moderators and they will do it. 

If you trust your friend you can keep the email or change it to one of the aliases but you will need to contact moderators for that as well.

Don't forget to change security questions and the password.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the PIN.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ldubb538 wrote:

What do i specificay need to know? Is it locked to him email? Can I change the info, password, number?

@Ldubb538 hello you can change all their personal info in the self serve account but first he needs to contact a moderator to change the email 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ldubb538 

Your friend has to contact moderator to change his email address to your email address to access self service account.  

Otherwise, your friend can change the name, address, etc in the self service account.  Or you can when you gain access to self service account.  Can also change credit card information, etc.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.