cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop next month payment?

tissue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi mod, I am travelling next month, how do I stop my payment, I have already turned auto pay off, will it still process the payment if I have an available fund?

23 REPLIES 23

@Mimi33 wrote:

I am in a similar situation. I leave for the US in January. There are sufficient funds in my account to pay the $40 however I would like to let the next two months payments lapse until my return. Not sure what "OP will need to suspend his service" means

The idea behind this is to purposely make the next renewal fail so that funds from the account balance won't be used.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please disregard last question.  I found the referral code.  Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 wrote:

Last question...promise.  I am signed into selfserve.publicmoblie.ca and there is no code at the top right corner of this or any other page.  The only thing there is my name and my account number, balance and logout.

There should be a box below that with Sharing is caring! as a heading. Near the bottom of that is your referral code.

Mimi33

Last question...promise.  I am signed into selfserve.publicmoblie.ca and there is no code at the top right corner of this or any other page.  The only thing there is my name and my account number, balance and logout.

Mimi33

I was me who misread..."referer" was read as refer.  Makes sense that referer only would get the dollar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 wrote:

Thanks again....did not know I get a $1 off per month for using a referral number.  I did not sign up for autopay, and won't til I return to Canada later in March.  I have to find out where my number is now, in case I need to give to someone.  Need for knowledge never ends

Sorry for the misunderstanding...no...you don't get the $1. You only get the $1 when you refer a new customer. It was that whoever referred _you_ will lose the $1 while your account is in suspension.

Mimi33

Thanks again....did not know I get a $1 off per month for using a referral number.  I did not sign up for autopay, and won't til I return to Canada later in March.  I have to find out where my number is now, in case I need to give to someone.  Need for knowledge never ends

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 wrote:

Good to know.  Appreciate know in advance.  I did sign up and gave a referral number upon signup but I have not signed anyone else up in the 18 hours that I have been a PM customer  :0)

Right. You won't lose any referral $1 but the referrer you used would. Also toggle off autopay if it was on.

Mimi33

Good to know.  Appreciate know in advance.  I did sign up and gave a referral number upon signup but I have not signed anyone else up in the 18 hours that I have been a PM customer  :0)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 wrote:

Perfect...great idea and I do have less than $50. Thanks!!

Clever people around here. Great idea smp99. If you used a referral code during activation then the referrer might lose your $1 while you're gone. When you return it should come back for them.

Mimi33

Perfect...great idea and I do have less than $50. Thanks!!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you have less than $50 in you account balance, you could switch to the $50 plan (renew on next renewal date). It will not go through since you don't have enough funds, and then you can revert back when you return. I don't see the $40 going anywhere, so you should be ok there.  But this only works if you have less funds than your plan, and your funds don't grow via referral or loyalty credits etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 wrote:

Thanks, purhaps I will just drop down to the cheapest plan.  I don't know why two identical charges were taken from credit card (equal to cost for one month ) as I did not sign up for auto renewal when I jointed PM yesterday. I would not be in this situation if only one charge had gone through.

Hmm. Well that's not normal. Did you activate in store? Did they possibly sell you a voucher at the same time and also added it to your account?

Being new then you wouldn't need to worry too much about rewards. The day you leave and before your next renewal use the lost/stolen function to suspend your services. When you come back then Resume services and it should use the amount on hand to resume. Or click the Reactivate button.

Mimi33

Thanks, purhaps I will just drop down to the cheapest plan.  I don't know why two identical charges were taken from credit card (equal to cost for one month ) as I did not sign up for auto renewal when I jointed PM yesterday. I would not be in this situation if only one charge had gone through.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mimi33 wrote:

I am in a similar situation. I leave for the US in January. There are sufficient funds in my account to pay the $40 however I would like to let the next two months payments lapse until my return. Not sure what "OP will need to suspend his service" means

This is using the Lost/Stolen feature in the self-serve. You can self-suspend services.

The caveat somewhat recently is that it may affect your rewards upon renewing and afterwards.

Mimi33

tissue

Thanks so much, I think that will do.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@tissue Just a note that your account will automatically renew only if you have the balance equal to or greater than your plan cost. If you have less funds available, your plan will not renew, and it will stay on suspended staus for 90 days before you lose everything. If your balance is higher than your plan cost, you will have to do what ShawnC13 mentioned above.  

@slash407 wrote:

just remove auto pay, its that easy. But after 3 months they close ur account, so make sure to reactivate by paying bfore 3 months

@slash407, this does not solve the issue if there is money sitting in available funds as it will withdraw money from there if the plan is still active.  The OP will need to suspend his service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

DSM18

You should suspend your account on or before next payment due date. You can reactivate your account upon your return.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tissue wrote:

Hi mod, I am travelling next month, how do I stop my payment, I have already turned auto pay off, will it still process the payment if I have an available fund?

If you have available funds the payment will go through.  You will need to report your phone lost/stolen before you go and that will not allow the plan to renew and take the money from available funds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Here you are with the community not with the mods @tissue...we are here to help you or to say to you to go to the moderator-team if it's too complicate or not for us...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@tissue ..after 90 days your account and number will be close...that's prepaid...

Need Help? Let's chat.