cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: How do I register/update my credit card in Self Serve?

@Chris_1 there actually IS, but it's hard to see.  When you go to the Payment tab, scroll down below the "One Time Payment" | "Manage AutoPay", and just above the page footer area ("Getitng Started", "Check Your Phone", etc), there is a "Manage my card" link.  It's hyperlinked text and is a bit subtle.  

EDIT: once you click it, you can see the card registered to your account (if you have one currently), and then you will see "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card" links.  Presumably if you don't currently have one registered, you would instead see something like "Add a new credit card", or similar hyperlinked text.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just registered for Autopay like the procedure, but it failed. I don't know what is the problem?

Mayor / Maire

Hi @BOBO2018.  Are you getting a specific error message?  If your card is being rejected, you need to make sure you are entering your details (name, address, etc.) exactly as it appears on your statement.  The smallest variation could cause the card to be rejected.

Also for future reference, you should always start a new topic for your new question.  This topic is months old, and your question could go unnoticed.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The location to change the credit card is not intuitive. I had to come here to find out where it was, the interface could be designed better.

Instead of putting the "Manage card" link in "one time payment" area, I instinctively went to "Manage Auto Pay" because that's where I know my card is linked, and I don't want to disable autopay, only change the card it's linked to.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just had a quick question regarding updating my credit card in Self Serve for auto-pay.

I've gone to the "Make A Payment" tab under the "Payment" tab and found the "Manage My Card" link at the bottom of that page. I went through the "Replace This Credit Card" link to update my credit card information for auto-pay. 

It's difficult for me to tell whether I have updated my credit card information as it only shows partially the credit number but on expiry date or any other info. I understand that it could be a security issue displaying more information for one's credit card. Is there a way to tell if the update of my credit card was successful?

I guess I just worry, as my autopay is to happen next month and I want to be proactive and make sure things go through without a hitch with my updated credit card information, so I don't have to worry with dealing with any hiccups that may happen.

Thanks in advance for any information anybody is able to provide.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boywithnoname, you could completely remove the existing CC info, and then re-add it.  That way you would be sure that information from the old card did not remain.  Still no way to see what is actually there, though.  Just remember to enter the CC info exactly as it appears on your statement, and do not use the apt # field.

Thanks for the advice @matbasm. I guess my safest play is to just go back into my account and re-enter the informaiton to be on the safe side. It would be helpful if a little more information was displayed about the credit card, but I understand that it could be a security risk having more information like that.

I just want to avoid any issues that may arise as a result of updating my credit card for auto-pay.

Mayor / Maire

@boywithnoname wrote:

Thanks for the advice @matbasm. I guess my safest play is to just go back into my account and re-enter the informaiton to be on the safe side. It would be helpful if a little more information was displayed about the credit card, but I understand that it could be a security risk having more information like that.

I just want to avoid any issues that may arise as a result of updating my credit card for auto-pay.

@boywithnoname

You can always do a test by topping up a small amount (or the whole estimated plan cost as outlined on the rewards tab, if you choose to do so) manually a couple of days before your renewal date. Any amounts in your account will be applied first (as well as the rewards) and then the system goes and applies the remainder plus tax to your credit card.

Thanks for the advice @wetcoaster, I did just end up re-entering my credit card info and it said that I successfully updated my credit card info and had a little bit more information other than my credit card number (partially starred out). So I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well with my auto-pay process next month. I will keep your idea in mind if I feel a bit weary that things might not work out Smiley Wink

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please cant sign in to my account