cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: How do I register/update my credit card in Self Serve?

Very helpful, @monocycliste!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question deleted, found answer on page 2 about updated method to access changing credit card. 

Hello,

I wanted to do just so, but in my online account I can only see Under Payment button "Make a Payment" and "Transaction History".  No place to add my credit card.  Why?

Snap1.jpg

Retraité / Retired

Hello @rzhevskii2000,

That is quite weird: should be able to see the tab about credit card information. Have you tried changing browsers or reloading the page?

In the section where it says "Payment Method", are you able to select anything else but " Payment Voucher"?

Please let me know if this changes.

Cheers,

Kalla

I certainly did clean cookies and cache, tried another browser, tried another PC and even did it on my smart phone. Anyway, the trouble was that I did use my BMO prepaid MasterCard, and it did work just like regular, and suddenly - system doesn't accept prepaid. This was resolved by entering regular credit card. In my opinion, there should be a message somewhere at the payment page like "We were unable to verify your card. PLEASE NOTE: we can not accept payments from prepaid cards." This would alleviate a lot of grief, as well as save you folks much time answering emails. I bet there will be another instance like this, so it's in your hands to prevent this. Not even mentioning that frustrated customer may switch to another provider.
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rzhevskii2000,

I am happy to hear that you were able to make a payment after all.

Thank you for your suggestion Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Kalla

Oracle

@rzhevskii2000 Glad you finally got things sorted. I agree PM could do a better job notifying customers of the acceptable credit cards. Their notice in autopay and make a payment is a bit small and subject to misinterpretation: "credit and Visa debit cards are accepted". In addition AMEX cards were causing problems, though have not heard of any recently.

I noticed that you posted your concern within an existing thread. You will actually get better response by beginning a new thread (even for the same issue) under one of the Community headings (Paying for your service, for example). This is especially true if you happen to tack onto a topic that has been marked "Solved".

Hope this is the end of your tribulations.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will create a new thread. I also hope that this ends my tribulations, but I also want to help others to avoid problems.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Complicated with pre paid card. Spent many hours and attempts. It worked fine the first month. I feel suckered into and sorcerized!
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This seems simple enough, except there is no option to register a credit card under the payment tab. How do I register one otherwise?