cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I register/update my credit card in Self Serve?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

To register your credit card information, log into Self Serve and follow the steps below:

1. Click the ’Payment’ tab
  2. Click the ’Credit Card Information’ tab
  3. Click ’Register a credit card’
  4. Fill out your credit card information and click ’Save’

wikii.jpg

wkii1.jpg

After the credit card is registered online, you can use either call *611 or access Self Serve to make your payment.

Last updated on 28/06/2016

51 REPLIES 51

@Lawrence1 wrote:

I want to enter my CC number 

You can do that in self service. Choose payment tab. Make sure to enable autopay too.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address "exactly" as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

cc1.jpg

Lawrence1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to enter my CC number 

janiceS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the help. I was able to solve my problem.

@84116564 Use this help article https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-autopay

And remember to leave the apt number field blank,  if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address. Also leave out any spaces when entering your postal code.

@84116564 wrote:

how do i register new credit card

@84116564 wrote:

@84116564  log into your self serve account. Click Payment at the top then Manage my card.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

BasamAsaad

i can not see that same page????

sbb

It is indeed hard to notice, I wonder why? Also, there should be a link to just update an expriry date - no reason to readd all card info.

lbalaraman

Thank you.  

Rashpal

Another way is to go to My Profile and it gives you a link to update credit card information. Worked for me.

Tamhoop

@monocycliste wrote:

The interface seems to have changed. For those trying to update their credit card, try this:

Click Payment tab -> Click One Time Payment -> Click Manage credit or Visa Debit card -> Voilà

or this link:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/

@Faneza1980 wrote:

Please cant sign in to my account 

If you have forgotten your password, you will need to contact the moderator team to complete a password reset.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Faneza1980

Please cant sign in to my account 

boywithnoname
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the advice @wetcoaster, I did just end up re-entering my credit card info and it said that I successfully updated my credit card info and had a little bit more information other than my credit card number (partially starred out). So I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well with my auto-pay process next month. I will keep your idea in mind if I feel a bit weary that things might not work out Smiley Wink

@boywithnoname wrote:

Thanks for the advice @matbasm. I guess my safest play is to just go back into my account and re-enter the informaiton to be on the safe side. It would be helpful if a little more information was displayed about the credit card, but I understand that it could be a security risk having more information like that.

I just want to avoid any issues that may arise as a result of updating my credit card for auto-pay.

@boywithnoname

You can always do a test by topping up a small amount (or the whole estimated plan cost as outlined on the rewards tab, if you choose to do so) manually a couple of days before your renewal date. Any amounts in your account will be applied first (as well as the rewards) and then the system goes and applies the remainder plus tax to your credit card.

boywithnoname

Thanks for the advice @matbasm. I guess my safest play is to just go back into my account and re-enter the informaiton to be on the safe side. It would be helpful if a little more information was displayed about the credit card, but I understand that it could be a security risk having more information like that.

I just want to avoid any issues that may arise as a result of updating my credit card for auto-pay.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boywithnoname, you could completely remove the existing CC info, and then re-add it.  That way you would be sure that information from the old card did not remain.  Still no way to see what is actually there, though.  Just remember to enter the CC info exactly as it appears on your statement, and do not use the apt # field.

boywithnoname

I just had a quick question regarding updating my credit card in Self Serve for auto-pay.

I've gone to the "Make A Payment" tab under the "Payment" tab and found the "Manage My Card" link at the bottom of that page. I went through the "Replace This Credit Card" link to update my credit card information for auto-pay. 

It's difficult for me to tell whether I have updated my credit card information as it only shows partially the credit number but on expiry date or any other info. I understand that it could be a security issue displaying more information for one's credit card. Is there a way to tell if the update of my credit card was successful?

I guess I just worry, as my autopay is to happen next month and I want to be proactive and make sure things go through without a hitch with my updated credit card information, so I don't have to worry with dealing with any hiccups that may happen.

Thanks in advance for any information anybody is able to provide.

on2wheels

The location to change the credit card is not intuitive. I had to come here to find out where it was, the interface could be designed better.

Instead of putting the "Manage card" link in "one time payment" area, I instinctively went to "Manage Auto Pay" because that's where I know my card is linked, and I don't want to disable autopay, only change the card it's linked to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BOBO2018.  Are you getting a specific error message?  If your card is being rejected, you need to make sure you are entering your details (name, address, etc.) exactly as it appears on your statement.  The smallest variation could cause the card to be rejected.

Also for future reference, you should always start a new topic for your new question.  This topic is months old, and your question could go unnoticed.

BOBO2018

I just registered for Autopay like the procedure, but it failed. I don't know what is the problem?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chris_1 there actually IS, but it's hard to see.  When you go to the Payment tab, scroll down below the "One Time Payment" | "Manage AutoPay", and just above the page footer area ("Getitng Started", "Check Your Phone", etc), there is a "Manage my card" link.  It's hyperlinked text and is a bit subtle.  

EDIT: once you click it, you can see the card registered to your account (if you have one currently), and then you will see "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card" links.  Presumably if you don't currently have one registered, you would instead see something like "Add a new credit card", or similar hyperlinked text.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chris_1

This seems simple enough, except there is no option to register a credit card under the payment tab. How do I register one otherwise?

dboxtvinfo
Complicated with pre paid card. Spent many hours and attempts. It worked fine the first month. I feel suckered into and sorcerized!

rzhevskii2000
Thanks for the suggestion, I will create a new thread. I also hope that this ends my tribulations, but I also want to help others to avoid problems.

@rzhevskii2000 Glad you finally got things sorted. I agree PM could do a better job notifying customers of the acceptable credit cards. Their notice in autopay and make a payment is a bit small and subject to misinterpretation: "credit and Visa debit cards are accepted". In addition AMEX cards were causing problems, though have not heard of any recently.

I noticed that you posted your concern within an existing thread. You will actually get better response by beginning a new thread (even for the same issue) under one of the Community headings (Paying for your service, for example). This is especially true if you happen to tack onto a topic that has been marked "Solved".

Hope this is the end of your tribulations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Hello @rzhevskii2000,

I am happy to hear that you were able to make a payment after all.

Thank you for your suggestion 🙂

Cheers,

Kalla

rzhevskii2000
I certainly did clean cookies and cache, tried another browser, tried another PC and even did it on my smart phone. Anyway, the trouble was that I did use my BMO prepaid MasterCard, and it did work just like regular, and suddenly - system doesn't accept prepaid. This was resolved by entering regular credit card. In my opinion, there should be a message somewhere at the payment page like "We were unable to verify your card. PLEASE NOTE: we can not accept payments from prepaid cards." This would alleviate a lot of grief, as well as save you folks much time answering emails. I bet there will be another instance like this, so it's in your hands to prevent this. Not even mentioning that frustrated customer may switch to another provider.

Hello @rzhevskii2000,

That is quite weird: should be able to see the tab about credit card information. Have you tried changing browsers or reloading the page?

In the section where it says "Payment Method", are you able to select anything else but " Payment Voucher"?

Please let me know if this changes.

Cheers,

Kalla

rzhevskii2000

Hello,

I wanted to do just so, but in my online account I can only see Under Payment button "Make a Payment" and "Transaction History".  No place to add my credit card.  Why?

Snap1.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.