cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get reconnected if I’ve been away for several months.

Lance2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get re connected after been disconnected for several months.

12 REPLIES 12

@Lance2   Unfortunately after 90 days your account, SIM and phone number have been cancelled. To start anew you will need a new SIM card and a different email address for your account and community profile. If you can wait it out a couple of weeks another good promotion should come up by black Friday possibly offering a free month and SIM card. If you plan on activating the $15 plan it is unlikely a flash sale will include this plan. Wal-Mart, London drugs, the mobile shop and wow mobile will often give a free SIM card with an in store activation or price match another retailer. I've seen ads on Craigs list offering a free SIM card if you use their referral code for you to recieve the $10 credit and them the $1 monthly reward.

@Ed404 wrote:

Would I be able to change my email on the community account to match a new self-serve account email?

email change.png

Yes you can. You won't get Community reward unless there's a match in Community and Self Serve.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hairbag1 wrote:

You'd need a different email address to start a new account.

I understand a new self-serve account would need a new email. Would I be able to change my email on the community account to match a new self-serve account email?

email change.png

@Ed404 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

"Fraid so...if your plan is Suspended for 90 days or more...the sim is no longer useable. You'd have to start all over with a new sim and a new plan...even need a different email address.

That's harsh.

What would happen to your community account? Do you change the email?

You'd need a different email address to start a new account.

Ed404

@hairbag1 wrote:

"Fraid so...if your plan is Suspended for 90 days or more...the sim is no longer useable. You'd have to start all over with a new sim and a new plan...even need a different email address.

That's harsh.

What would happen to your community account? Do you change the email?

@Ed404 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

If it's been 90 days or more since your plan has expired...you're outta luck. You'd need a new sim and a new plan.

Sim cards expire with your plan?

'Fraid so...if your plan is Suspended for 90 days or more...the sim is no longer useable. You'd have to start all over with a new sim and a new plan...even need a different email address.

Ed404

@hairbag1 wrote:

If it's been 90 days or more since your plan has expired...you're outta luck. You'd need a new sim and a new plan.

Sim cards expire with your plan?

@Lance2 wrote:

How and where do I get a new SIM card.

- Check Amazon.ca for a PM sim.

- Order from Public Mobile website.

https://public-mobile.myshopify.com/cart/add?id=5876039041

@Lance2You can purchase a new SIM card via the retailers, Amazon or from Public Mobile. You can find the one closest to you from this page. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Lance2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How and where do I get a new SIM card.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Lance2How long is several months? Can you access your online account? If it is more than 3 and negative on the last question, your account has been erased , credits had been forfeited and your number had been released to the pool of numbers for others to use.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.