cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel this plan for my mother?

nikelski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My mother somehow managed to signup to this service a few years ago.  I have a scanned copy of her ac ount details but there is no email address specified. It just shows "noemail1234@publicmobile.com" as her profile email address.

Anyway, she wants to cancel her service since she is paying roughly 10 dollars a month off her credit card and she no longer needs the plan.  How can she do this?

This website requires an email address as a userid to login.

I can find no way to speak to anyone about this which is why I joined this commnity to post this help question.  

Any idea how I proceed?

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nikelski If the plan is a grandfatherd plan you might be able to sell it. People will go crazy for old plans that have a great deal that arent on the front page anymore. What plan is it exactly? It sounds like she is on the 10$ plan. Also why does she not need her service anymore ? Does she not talk or need a cellphone ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nikelski 

If above suggested solution failed to cancel her account, she can report to her credit card lost and get a replacement in couple weeks.

Her account will not be renewed and suspended without a valid autopay cc.  90 days after suspension, her account will be canceled.

PM is a prepaid service.  If she don't pay, she will not get the phone service.  There is no obligation to continue the phone service with PM after the current 30 days cycle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nikelski wrote:

Hi,

My mother somehow managed to signup to this service a few years ago.  I have a scanned copy of her ac ount details but there is no email address specified. It just shows "noemail1234@publicmobile.com" as her profile email address.

Anyway, she wants to cancel her service since she is paying roughly 10 dollars a month off her credit card and she no longer needs the plan.  How can she do this?

This website requires an email address as a userid to login.

I can find no way to speak to anyone about this which is why I joined this commnity to post this help question.  

Any idea how I proceed?

Thanks,

@nikelski  Call 1-855-4PUBLIC enter her number go through the prompts and try to disable AutoPay it will ask you for a PIN number (if you don't have it, maybe try 1234).

Once you disable Auto-Pay then it will stop renewing hep plan and the account will get suspended and close after 90 days of suspension.

@nikelski Get her phone and, or have her, dial 611 and turn off autopay. If that's not possible, you're stuck messaging the moderators or her credit card company.

A way out idea, would be to try creating a self serve account for her here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/, then suspend service, or deleted her credit card, and the account will be deleted in 90 ndays. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@nikelski...

this was the PM tag line a few short years back....

PM slogan capture.JPG

nikelski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks alot for this. I will give it a try.

I find it a little weird that a company that provides a phone service has no number to actually call and speak to a human... I must be getting old.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nikelski  You can try contacting the moderators and explain your situation amd ask them to close it for your mom. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@nikelski try and contact your mother's credit card company and put a stop payment for public mobile. I think this would be faster then dealing with a moderator (customer support)

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will need to contact moderator to access the account. You can do that by submitting a request through SIMon using the question mark. After that the account will expire after 30 days. Make sure to disable autopay and remove any credit card info. If you change your mind you can resign up within 90 days and keep you number, after that the account becomes deleted

Need Help? Let's chat.