cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel smoothly?

Oiler1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am thinking of switching to another provider. I see the way to cancel is to stop autopay. Will that immediately stop my service? How to I transition smoothly to another carrier without wasting a payment. It would be great to stop after using 29-30 days then there will be no wastage.

I see I am going to be autopay billed on Sept 28th. If I cancel now will there be a partial payment owed?

I forgot how to contact a rep?

30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lifechanges2016 : Just stop paying. Call 611 or 18554public to get your renewal date. Then put your payment card on hold for the day before until the day after.

Or port out the number.

Edit: You don't need the CSA's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lifechanges2016 wrote:

How do I cancel my husbands account and myself if I don’t remember the password and email address?

@Lifechanges2016 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

You can try searching for your welcoming email when you setup your account for your email address.  To reset your password try the forgot password link.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a CSA.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

If you can log into your account and have autopay setup then remove it to cancel your account.

Lifechanges2016
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I cancel my husbands account and myself if I don’t remember the password and email address?

Oiler1

Thanks!

@Oiler1 wrote:

What does "port out" mean?

This refers to taking your phone number to use at another cell phone company. When this process has completed, the service at the carrier that the phone number came from immedately stops.

Oiler1

What does "port out" mean?

@mimmo 

That's a good price on its own. I steadfastly refuse to sign a contract, agreement, term or whatever else they want to call what is a 2 year contract. No way no how so I take the risk of price increases and they take the risk of losing me as a customer so I generally come out of my yearly negotiation the same as the year before or slightly better. And shaw will never get a single penny from me ever again.

Latest deal to come thru my door from Shaw....Fibre+500 $79/month for $24 months and a $50 credit....$115/month thereafter.....hahaha!!!! +$35 connection fee or hardware upgrade....lol!😋

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious its not bundled just 24 month term

@AnonymousI  n BC there are two main internet providers Telus and Shaw, at least in victoria,  some other last mile ones (lightspeed, juice techsavy etc) but not everyone is comfortable with their offerings, services.    

I asked you becasue you mentioned several times shaw was too expensive/ not good deal, so i assumed you knew of current good deals.

Or you can sell or give away your account if it has rewards and you are ok with a new number. 

@mimmo 

Is that a bundled price or on its own?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo 

i don't know about your area but if you ask @darlicious 
they know better in that area,

i live in ontario....but if you can google it you will found nice deals..

Check your next payment due.

Remove auto pay.

If you port out then your account will close and there should be no credit card on file at PM. 

And you need to do before your next payment due date. And don't forget to leave your PM sim in your phone....you need to confirm with PM by return text that you are porting out. 

If you don't port out then you can use your PM account until the next payment date. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous   I'm with shaw for internet,  I could not find a cheaper price when i renewed.  sometimes there are promos not sure about right now which i got. currently paying $60 for internet $300. for 24 month term 

can you please provide me with examples of cheaper pricing? vs current offerings say intenet 75, 150 and 300.  I'm in BC, Victoria, to be exact. 

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

too expensive price....

@Oiler1 

Where do you live?

@Anonymous 

Yes there's a good reason why my home services are supplied by Telus but if you are already a Shaw customer then it may be worthwhile to take advantage of their mobile plan. Since you already get Shaw free WiFi as a home internet customer personally I might use the free mobile plan for a secondary phone but keep my pm plan for the reliability of the telus network.

Oiler1

What alternative do I have to Shaw for TV, Internet and phone also now cell phone)? Telus maybe?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

yeah friend i do now chat with them and i getting all info from them and the are so too expensive price for tv and home internet and that plan...

@Anonymous 

Shaw is basically using the freedom network for its services so service satisfaction relies heavily on where the OP is located.

@Oiler1 

It all depends where you are located and where you commonly travel on how well Shaw coverage will serve you. If given approval Shaw will be taken over by Rogers so how long cheap/free plans last for Shaw customers is up in the air. Do you have a secondary phone or a dual sim phone? Maybe you want to downgrade to the $15 plan with pm while you give shaws service a vigorous testing for a month then if you are satisfied port your number in from pm the following month.

Many customers have switched and they are quite happy but there have been a few that have regretted their decision and ported back with the loss of decent rewards discounts. If you only have autopay to lose then it's a much easier decision. Give your self a few days grace period in case there are any hitches and port out on the 25th or 26th during regular business hours with your pm sim card ready to recieve the PAT (porting authorization text) from pm and your services already up and running with shaw. Remove autopay and your card from your account before initiating your port to shaw.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oiler1 

but that Shaw company offer to you in BC and Alberta only, and i do chat with them online is too higher price for the TV and home internet service, to you getting that price ....

be careful and check it out more, i don't think so is good deals 

Oiler1

Thanks. I just replied to a rep from my old mail with him. Hope that works.

Oiler1

I have a Shaw bundled account promo which is due to expire on Sept 17th. Their rep says I can renew a new promo which also includes a $25 per month plan with a higher data limit than what I am getting now with my $25 plan.

I think theirs is at least 4G but I have no clue.

Trying to think if it is rally worth it and how to transition without losing any coverage.

Purplepan

@Oiler1 wrote:

I am thinking of switching to another provider. I see the way to cancel is to stop autopay. Will that immediately stop my service? How to I transition smoothly to another carrier without wasting a payment. It would be great to stop after using 29-30 days then there will be no wastage. See previous responses

I see I am going to be autopay billed on Sept 28th. If I cancel now will there be a partial payment owed? Since you have already paid for this month and you are starting into a new cycle, you won't be retroactively refunded if you were to transfer right now. This is unlike other carriers.

I forgot how to contact a rep? Here's a link on how to get started on contacting a rep: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

In the link it says:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

I see you added new questions, see responses in bold.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oiler1 

important to you know,

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

do it before one week to you be safe for port old number and forgetting what you pay to PM..

which provider you are going too !

Purplepan

Yup so you have paid for the rest of this month until the 28th - meaning your service will end by then if you turn off auto pay. It would be a bit of a waste to transfer now since you still have almost an entire month to transfer. But again just keep in mind how long your new carrier may take to process your transfer request, and choose your timing accordingly 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oiler1 : Porting out cancels and closes this account. No pro-rating or refunds. Leave this SIM in to confirm the transfer after activating the new service.

Oiler1

Thanks. My billing is next on autopay September 28th so it seems I paid for September?

Purplepan

Since you pay per month as opposed to other contract plans, once you've paid for this month, you have service for the rest of the month's cycle. Personally I would try to transfer your service closer towards the end of the cycle to make the most out of it, since you won't get those extra days back in $$. Keep in mind that 1) Your line at Public Mobile must be active prior and during your transfer, and 2) you may want to transfer sooner depending on how long your new carrier takes to process the transfer. Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.