cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my phone plan?

yun10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am moving out of the country so I would like to cancel my phone plan. I have removed my autopay but is there anything else I need to do to terminate the plan?

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yun10 

and for public mobile just remove your payment and when your Transferring your Phone Number to New carrier, your account with public mobile will be automatically closes,

and Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're Transferring your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@yun10  you don't have to do anything else.  PM is a prepaid model, as long as they cannot get your money to renew, your plan will be suspended.  90 days after the suspension, your account will be closed.

** some people might explicitly remove the credit card for peace of mind.

@yun10 wrote:

I am moving out of the country so I would like to cancel my phone plan. I have removed my autopay but is there anything else I need to do to terminate the plan?

I would suggest removing the credit card altogether from your Public Mobile account as well. There's nothing else to do. The account will automatically close after being in suspension for 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.