cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I request for a refund?

Yen_Le
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning,

My friend referred me to PM and I switched from VM to PM with a 40$ plan on Jan 2. Right after that I realized that the signal was weak in my downtown office building (when I received and made phone calls, people at the other end couldn't hear me so I had to go around a bit to get a better signal). Since I work on the phone a lot, I could not work with that weak connectivity and am very disappointed with the switch. I have to decide to go back to VM the very next day - Jan 3.

As I am not satisfied with VM connectivity right after first-day use, I strongly believe I deserve a full refund of the $40+tax PM charged to my CC (OK I can forget the $10+tax for the SIM). Some members told me I couldn't expect that since it is pre-paid, which seems not fair. I believe customers have right for refund for non-satisfaction, especially in my case. 

Please advise an address or an email where I can write to about this? 

Many thanks for your response.

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elideroberti1 wrote:

Need help signing up my daughters phone.

it will not process auto pay. I already contacted her credit card, they said everything is ok with it. It is in your end. 
need help pls. 

Don't use the apt# field, don't include the space in the postal code, match the address exactly as shown for the billing address of the card.

If you've made many attempts by now, it might have locked it out due to thinking a fraud is happening. You may need to contact the moderator team.

Elideroberti1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need help signing up my daughters phone.

it will not process auto pay. I already contacted her credit card, they said everything is ok with it. It is in your end. 
need help pls. 

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yen_Le 

Virgin works on the Bell network and Public on Telus' network. Bell uses Telus' western networks and Telus uses Bell's eastern network. In most cases they have virtually the same reception and is far better in rural and remote locations versus the other carriers.

Sign issues could be caused by the way your phone communicates with the network since it is new and could be troubleshooted by receiving a call from tech support after contacting moderators. It's also possible (maybe unlikely) that it could have been bad recepton on Virgiin on that day too - but it's impossible to know now.

Good luck on contacting the moderators and see if they will extend you some good will; however, since you already closed the account that seems less likely

@Yen_Le wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Yen_Le  why did you not try some troubleshooting, before switching? You have no record/ history of any issue filed with PM so it then become your word against everyone else. There could have been a hardware issue, a network issue, an account issue etc,. But now that your account is closed there is no way to isolate any cause.  Apart from a possible good will gesture you are out of luck.

Appreciated your response but signal issue is not something you can troubleshoot. I have iPhone7 and it works well any other day except that one day 😞

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yen_Le please let us know the results.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Perhaps you could have waited a month before porting back to Virgin. The moderators may have issued your refund,and if not, you have lost your funds. You may have come to like PM, like many others.

Yen_Le

@geopublic wrote:

@Yen_Le wrote:

Good morning,

My friend referred me to PM and I switched from VM to PM with a 40$ plan on Jan 2. Right after that I realized that the signal was weak in my downtown office building (when I received and made phone calls, people at the other end couldn't hear me so I had to go around a bit to get a better signal). Since I work on the phone a lot, I could not work with that weak connectivity and am very disappointed with the switch. I have to decide to go back to VM the very next day - Jan 3.

As I am not satisfied with VM connectivity right after first-day use, I strongly believe I deserve a full refund of the $40+tax PM charged to my CC (OK I can forget the $10+tax for the SIM). Some members told me I couldn't expect that since it is pre-paid, which seems not fair. I believe customers have right for refund for non-satisfaction, especially in my case. 

@Yen_Le  The only reason you would get better coverage would be that Virgin supports VoLTE and Public does not. As mentioned Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid service so refunds are not given. If you still want to contact PM then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Thank you very much. I work with the phone a lot and every day so I know that issue is not solvable 😞 thought I really like PM plans. Will PM the moderators via the link you provided. 

Yen_Le

@missorange wrote:

So far I dont have any signal related issue, so far so good. Since PM is prepaid service, I am not sure if you can get refund back. if not, you can wait next renewal day to switch back.

I used Chatr pre-paid 3 years ago and they refunded me the portion for the days unused.

Yen_Le

@mimmo wrote:

@Yen_Le  why did you not try some troubleshooting, before switching? You have no record/ history of any issue filed with PM so it then become your word against everyone else. There could have been a hardware issue, a network issue, an account issue etc,. But now that your account is closed there is no way to isolate any cause.  Apart from a possible good will gesture you are out of luck.

Appreciated your response but signal issue is not something you can troubleshoot. I have iPhone7 and it works well any other day except that one day 😞

Yen_Le

@will13am wrote:

@Yen_Le, Public Mobile is a prepaid service and as such there are no refunds.  You could ask the moderator team to see if they will extend you a goodwill gesture.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Note that Virgin Mobile runs on the same towers as Public Mobile.  If you are struggling with Public Mobile, you should have identical experience on Virgin Mobile. 

That's what I thought, as everyone seems happy with PM, but then nope, I had issues with all the calls under PM plan :(((

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Yen_Le wrote:

Good morning,

@Yen_Le  The only reason you would get better coverage would be that Virgin supports VoLTE and Public does not. As mentioned Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid service so refunds are not given. If you still want to contact PM then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo oh, I did not read carefully..

mimmo

@missorange  the poster stated that they ported in and the next day ported out. They no longer have a PM account.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So far I dont have any signal related issue, so far so good. Since PM is prepaid service, I am not sure if you can get refund back. if not, you can wait next renewal day to switch back.

mimmo

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Yen_Le, Public Mobile is a prepaid service and as such there are no refunds.  You could ask the moderator team to see if they will extend you a goodwill gesture.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Note that Virgin Mobile runs on the same towers as Public Mobile.  If you are struggling with Public Mobile, you should have identical experience on Virgin Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.