cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a free month

Misskay306
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't have any money to too up my account and I forgot my credit card info what else can I do

15 REPLIES 15

@Luddite 

I do believe our phisherman's friend OP's real solution is the one in the above post but we can go with @computergeek541 's for the sake of the rest of the community.👼

@Misskay306 

Did you luck out at the bait and tackle shop and find a resolution?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@_PAP @Devon_fromBc  You should read the thread before replying. I'm sure your answers were well intentioned but the OP already has an account and can't afford to pay the ongoing bill.

_PAP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You will need to open up a new account and pay for the first month, to get the second month free. 

There is no way to get the first month free unfortunately. 

Hope this helped. 

Devon_fromBc

You can activate a new account with public mobile right now and receive 1 free month valued at $30 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Misskay306 wrote:

I don't have any money to too up my account and I forgot my credit card info what else can I do

Do you not have your physical credit card?

You can use the 611 service and make a payment using a pre-registered payment card.

You can use the 611 service to redeem vouchers bought from many stores and online.

You can go to some stores and do instant top-up.

But I agree with some other replies...we'd all like to drive around in Lambo's but only very few can afford one. Maybe you should have a close look at how much of that 8.5gb of data you actually use each month...on average.That's really the only difference with all these plans...data bucket.

Before I came here I did a whole assessment of my usage. Turned out I averaged about 350MB of data on the handset. So I got a 500MB plan to cover that. But I then decided that I didn't want to keep paying out that much each term and so changed down to the old $10 plan. So now my "monthly" outlay is only $10 and I can use add-ons for more minutes and alternative texting methods when needed. And add-on data. The whole beauty of add-ons is that you buy once and consume over time. They don't expire.

I would agree with an earlier reply for you to change to the $15 plan to save money and then buy add-ons as you need them. The $5 calling add-on is a great bargain for the limited minute plans. Unless you do indeed use a lot of data. But do you? Can you be more sparing in your data usage and use wifi more?

@Misskay306 wrote:
  1. I like my 50 doller plan I don't want to change 

It is going to change to a $0 plan real soon (complete with no service) on renewal day. I would love a $50 plan too but cant justify that expense. If it is unaffordable, a free month gets you 30 days down the road and then it goes out of service. A re-evaluation of expenses now may keep you online for the most important stuff.

AE_Collector

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just add different credit card.

@Misskay306 Moderators have been given the authority to make arrangements to keep a customer's plan going on a case-by-case ane one time basis as a form of a small monetary relief during this pandemic.  This is not guaranteed but you can try asking.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Misskay306 ,

Your subject says "How can I get a free month", are you referring to the promo currently on?

Details here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-w...

Did you sign up based on the terms and conditions of this promo? IF so, you should see your credit applied to your account before your next renewal.

You can Pay For Your Services In Retail: Instant Top-Up

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Purchasing Vouchers

We also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at select locations. To find the location nearest you click here. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

@Misskay306 You forgot your credit card info? Were you on ever autopay? Did you lose your card? In any case, you can't pay the upcoming month and don't want to go to a cheaper plan even temporarily? You can always contact a moderator and make your case with them. All they can do is say no. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Misskay306
  1. I like my 50 doller plan I don't want to change 

@Misskay306 

If you are an existing customer what plan are you on? Maybe you can downgrade to the $15 plan with autopay its only $13. Then you only have to come up with enough cash to cover $13+tax.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Misskay306 wrote:

Are you trying to open a new account with Public Mobile or are you wanting to renew your existing account?

Need Help? Let's chat.