cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel my account?

Loretta2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have signed up for the use of Public telephone usage with monthly payment. I have not insalled the SIM card and will not be using my andriod phone. I want to purchase a new phone and use it. I also wanted to transfer my number from my other provider but was not allowed to do so because my plan is about to expire. Because of this delay, I will be billed on my mastercard by Public and did not use the phone. How can I cancel my plan with Public and not be billed in the future.

8 REPLIES 8

stevenhayward
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A very confusing post....

Not sure the OP wants to go elsewhere. Sounds like they just don't want to use their old phone for now thus no phone until they purchase a new phone.

Sounds as though they have activated a new 30 day plan but on a new PM number and couldn't Port their old number. I have to assume that in reality the old number at old provider was not ABOUT to expire but rather HAD expired. Why else would they not be able to Port it? 

In any event, remove credit card info in Self Serve and you won't incur any further bills. But you must have almost 30 days of paid for service with no refunds as it is Prepaid service here, so why not use it in your old phone while shopping for a new phone? 

And finally, not to pick nits but this is "Public Mobile" here and below is "Public Telephone"

AE_Collector

264B20AF-D77A-4BBE-8E32-7B18183E349C.png

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM account is automatically closed when number is ported to new carrier. Remove cc from autopay to eliminate further issues.

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Step 1: remove your credit card info from auto-pay section in self-serve, so your account won't be charged for anything.

Step 2: port your number with your new service provider, and the cancellation will be automatic. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loretta2 wrote:

I have signed up for the use of Public telephone usage with monthly payment. I have not insalled the SIM card and will not be using my andriod phone. I want to purchase a new phone and use it. I also wanted to transfer my number from my other provider but was not allowed to do so because my plan is about to expire. Because of this delay, I will be billed on my mastercard by Public and did not use the phone. How can I cancel my plan with Public and not be billed in the future.

Where were you wanting to use the new phone? Or did you get it on a two year contract?

As long as the other provider is still active it should have let you transfer to here. I'm not sure what's going on there.

As already mentioned, log in, turn off autopay and remove the payment card. At the end of what you've paid for, it will go into suspension. 90 days later it will deactivate everything. But in that time you can reactivate and use the SIM you already have from here in any other compatible unlocked phone.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Loretta2 

Can you please signing to your selfserve and remove your credit card.

That will terminate your account in 90 days.

But you could just change the plan to the one you want to instead of opening new account and buying new simcard.

You can also port your number any time you want

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Loretta2 

Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, from here, you can remove the AutoPay, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur.

Select option  "Remove this credit card"

Hope this helps!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Loretta2 wrote:

To cancel your PM account you just need to port your number to the other provider.  If you want to make sure you won't be charged even though porting out closes your account log into self-serve and remove your credit card from the auto-pay system

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.