cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher payment

LSMRTN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is my December payment higher than my November bill payment?  I did not change my plan.

19 REPLIES 19

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When we sign up and check the box for autopay, we right away get a credit of $2 in our accounts. Then the next renewal the reward comes into the account. Another $2. That's the normal plan cost minus $4 now.

Then your NEXT renewal it only uses the normal reward of $2 thus the seemingly extra $2 charge.

@LSMRTN wrote:

Thanks for sticking with my inquiry.  I do wish there was a simple auto chat that is an actual person to message back and forth to get questions resolved quicker. 

I know what you mean, i.e. it can seem like it's quicker(and often can be), BUT in this case, some of the folks here requested you post a screenshot of your transactions, and the issue was fairly quickly figured out, AND I expect you probably got some insight by doing that, which is something that you probably wouldn't have gotten by talking to one CSR in autochat....YMMV.....

@Jb456 wrote:

@LSMRTN 

As @AE_Collector & @totalUser mentioned. If you look at statement you posted. Nov 27 you were charged $36 plus tax ($4 off for two autopayments)

And end of December you were charged $38 ($2 off autopayments)

And if you take into account everything that's been mentioned here, that $2 extra charge, plus the NS 15% tax, comes out to a total of..... you guessed it, $2.30 extra, which is exactly what the OP said was charged more than the previous month.

@LSMRTN wrote:

Screenshot (7).pngMy Nov cc payment was $41.40

Dec cc payment was $43.70.  Not that it's much money, but it doesn't make sense.

@LSMRTN  It does make sense. In October when you activated you paid $40 plus tax. In November you paid $36 plus tax and in December you paid $38 plus tax. If you add Oct, Nov and Dec payments it averages to $38 plus tax. From now on your payment will always be $38 plus tax.

Only diffetence is that October's autopay reward was applied during November's renewal.

This way it makes it cheaper.

Community can help and it's not free for public mobile but very close to compared to full customer support. If community can't help they will point you to moderators, who are the customer and tech support. You reach them through bot Simon (question mark at the bottom right) by asking to talk to human. It will still be private messages back and forth though.

We're all live people and I identified the reason for the change in credit card amount 34 minutes after you initially posted. I tend to find that those online chat things go on and on seemingly forever!

AE_Collector

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@LSMRTN wrote:

Thanks for sticking with my inquiry.  I do wish there was a simple auto chat that is an actual person to message back and forth to get questions resolved quicker. 

You just did. Here. People paid to standby 24/7 cost money. We like that rates can be kept down.

LSMRTN

@LSMRTN 

As @AE_Collector & @totalUser mentioned. If you look at statement you posted. Nov 27 you were charged $36 plus tax ($4 off for two autopayments)

And end of December you were charged $38 ($2 off autopayments)

Going forward you will continue to be charged $43.70 ($38 plus tax) until future rewards/reductions kick in (like after a year a $1 discount or if you refer someone)

Happy new year!

Oct 28 and Nov 27 $2 Autopay credits both applied to nov 27 renewal. Dec 27 renewal just had the usual single $2 credit.

No referal credits! That's the $10 you should be upset about missing out on!

AE_Collector

@LSMRTN 

Yup you had autopay credit from the previous month that's why 2nd was lower

On October 28th and November 27th and was applied to the 27th November payment.

LSMRTN

Screenshot (7).pngMy Nov cc payment was $41.40

Dec cc payment was $43.70.  Not that it's much money, but it doesn't make sense.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@LSMRTN wrote:

Why is my December payment higher than my November bill payment?  I did not change my plan.

Is that your 3rd payment?

The first payment was full so they credited your account with $2 autopay, then on the 2nd payment just before it was due you got another $2 for autopay, bc which means your 2nd payment was reduced by $4. The 3rd and the rest of the payments for the first year will be reduced by $2 due to autopay. Only the first two are off

Because you were given double $2 Autopay bonuses in your first month since you paid full price to get started but signed up for Autopay so they rebated the initial extra $2 you paid (plus the tax).

AE_Collector

Can you post screen shots of your Public Mobile transactions for November and December from your self serve account?

IMPORTANT - Block all personal information on the screen shots.

And in November and December what were you charged on your credit card??

LSMRTN

I am in NS.  The tax is 15%.  But that doesn't change from month to month, so my total montly bill should not randomly change. $40.00 plan, less $2.00 reward=$38.00 plus 15% tax.

@LSMRTN wrote:

Yes, I did.  It shows my $2.00 auto pay reward for both months, and my $40 plan. But, my cc is showing an increased bill $2.30 more this month

Taxes?.  What province are you in? If your plan is $40....it's $40 plus tax

LSMRTN

Yes, I did.  It shows my $2.00 auto pay reward for both months, and my $40 plan. But, my cc is showing an increased bill $2.30 more this month

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

How much higher?

Did you log into your self serve account and check your transaction history to see if everything was applied correctly ( meaning autopay and any other reward credits)

More details on your issue will be helpful to assist you 

Need Help? Let's chat.