cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I'm switching to new plan with autopay on Feb.2 Do I have to make the first payment by self pay?

OhHappyDay
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hallo Public Mobile Community,  *waves*

Could I get your thoughts to help clarify my understanding of what I'm
to do, or not to do next!

I'm a Legacy customer of PM (May 2011 😊) and have now subscribed 
to the $35/Autopay plan. I asked for this new plan to begin on my next
billing date which is Feb. 2, 2019. (The PM Moderator Team notes AutoPay
has been activated.)

My question is about the wording "One-Time Payment". 

Is this one time payment a standard thing to do for anyone whenever
they begin using AutoPay, before the continuous pattern of AutoPay 
kicks in? Do I have to make "one" self payment first?
OR
Is this one time payment there just in case I change my mind and want
to continue with the old plan and rates I had been paying for on a month
by month basis?
OR
Can I just let the process continue automatically, without making any
one time payment, and just watch what happens on Day 1 of the new
plan on Feb 2, 2019! and trust that all will transition smoothly all by itself 
thanks to the lovely PM Mod.Team Rep. who set this all up for me? 🙂

The info below is copy and pasted from my account pages.

1.       From the OVERVIEW PAGE
Available Funds: $0.00
Amount Due: $33.00 <---- this is the Legacy plan due
Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Feb 1, 2019
Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to restart.

AutoPay
You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Feb 1, 2019
AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.

Available Funds: $0.00
Payment Due Date (AutoPay): Feb 2, 2019
Automatic Payment Amount: This amount is your plan cost minus available funds.
AutoPay is active on this account

2.        From the PAYMENT page
A one-time payment is due before 11:59PM on Feb 1, 2019
Edit your Auto Pay Preferences or enter a One Time Payment below

Thank-you very much Community for any of your supporting opinions 😊 

Have a really great day!!
12 REPLIES 12

Great 👍 oh happy days!!!! And thanks to let us know that everything went well!!!!Smiley Happy

OhHappyDay

Hallo "fantastic" PM community!! *waves*

Excuse me, I did say I'd reply back to you and let you know how things went with

switching over from my Legacy PM plan to a brand new ready made plan....with 

auto pay and some data 🙂 Even us senior types are getting with it  🙂  and are finding

that having  some data is very very useful these days 🙂 lol!!

So I can tell you that I have "uncrossed my fingers" and am now giving the "thumbs-up"!!!

The whole process went smoothly. Sooo smoothly. I didn't have to do anything else but 

to wait for my next payment date to arrive, when the new plan was scheduled to begin,

and it all fell into place automatically as you said it would, ..... 🙂  ready to use and enjoy.

Thank-you very much to Public Mobile, the PM Mod.Team Reps, *high-five* Oracles, and

all the community here, plus the library full of info too to search and read. I'm sooooo happy.

Now it's time to say goodbye until next time. Take care and again thanks for the greatest

support.  This system of customer service really does work well!!  

Respectfully and confidently yours!!

OhHappyDay

You are all appreciated for your good input... thank-you very much :)*clapping hands* BBFN

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm with @stonechucker 🙂

@OhHappyDay AutoPay *should* get it right.

But for safety, you can top up early the full amount.

OhHappyDay

Thank-you ALL so very much Smiley Very Happy 

I've read all your posts so far, thxU so much, and "yes" have my fingers crossed!

but what some shared also left me with a bit of a wondering too. Should I or should

I not, top up the account Smiley Frustrated ? I only say that because looking on my

overview page the amount due is still listed at the old rate of $33, while the new

rate is more expensive and is not entered in there.  Would the AutoPay

still kick in and remove the greater amount? Would the PM Moderator Team have

programed that in behind the scenes so that the new rate would get payed regardless??

She did confirm to me that she applied the new-rate-ready-made plan with AutoPay

to my account!

🙂 sorry so wordy and insecure. I just like to be ahead of a potential problem in order

to head it off....if at all possible Smiley Very Happy 

Thank-you again. I'll let you know how things turn out!! 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@OhHappyDay, welcome to the Community, and the reward eligible plans!  What a great thing to happen!

Sounds like you're all set to go.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That all looks great to me. But there is just one thing I would do if it were me. Just because you are switching from a legacy plan, I would manually add the funds necessary to cover the cost of the new plan. That's just me, I'd feel more comfortable knowing the funds were in the account prior to payment date. That being said, I'm quite confident that you won't experience any issues from what I'm seeing in your post.

GC

@OhHappyDayOne other suggestion. Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

In "theory" you do not need to make a payment while Autopay is ON. If you plan to look at your account Feb 3 IGNORE all messages indicating your plan is Expired or Suspended UNLESS your phone stops working. In that unexpected situation, return to here for additional advice.

Fingers crossed for uneventful change. 🤞

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

The one-time payment date is assuming  you do not have autopay emabled.  If you have autopay, you do not need to make a payment ahead of time.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I hope for you that everything will go smooth... @OhHappyDay and because you are on auto-pay I am confident!! Let us know what happened ...And have an happy day!!

Need Help? Let's chat.