Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Community, check this out!

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed that we've been asking for your feedback on your Self Serve experience, specifically your experience with making online payments.

Below, we have some mock-ups of what the updated payment experience may look like. The mock-ups take you through a one-time credit card payment scenario. What are you thoughts? What do like? What do you feel "meh" about?

We've seen a discussion around Self Serve in one of the Ideas submitted to our Public Lab. @David @krysie12 @Graeme @makkahn28 @waynebrett2000 what do you think?

Comment down below!

sc1.png

sc2.png

sc3.png

sc4.png

sc5.png

26 REPLIES 26

Graeme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Chuk, I became a Public Mobile customer in August 2013. There has never been any credit check with Public Mobile, and I always chose the prepaid option, because that is my pattern. During this period, there have been two system changeovers, where the previous history was erased. In 2013, there was no forum for troubleshooting, we had to call in and resolve our issues with the call center, or visit a Public Mobile store. Now everything is online, and mostly automated. There is a learning curve here. It works, and my phone has just been upgraded to Android Lollipop, so I'm a happy and satisfied Public Mobile customer. My one issue would be international calling, but I realize that people have to pay more for that, and my current solution is the Viber app, which works satisfactorily for outbound calling, but consumes data if kept on standbye for receiving international calls, and the caller also has to use the app, so its not ideal (but it works). The country of my birth is not on the plan list. 

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Graeme ,To register your credit card for Public Mobile there wouldn't have to be verbal confirmation, by entering in your credit card number and the 3 digit security code on the back you're giving confirmation that you've authorized that card to the account. In order to prevent credit card fraud you would just want to make sure that you're using trusted sites and that the site your entering your information into is an https page.

I'm not sure which party you're saying should call offering verbal assisstance and the information is more reliant on what is on file at your financial institution and not your mobile carrier (Public Mobile), and when the card fails to register I doubt that either party - carrier or financial institution is notified. 

I personally have multiple services running off of pre-authorized cards - either credit card or visa debit and have never encountered such errors. I can't say I believe that verbal assistance is more secure than online, anyone could create some sort of 1-800 number and call saying they need my credit information due to a "billing error" and all the sudden I've given all my information to an unknown party. Banks themselves are also becoming more self-serve and online oriented - mobile apps, email payment transfers, NFC payments, depositing a cheque by photo, digital signage, etc.

A person also has the option of doing a manual credit card/visa debit payment each time if they so wish, the incentive for doing pre-authorized right now is that you receive a credit on your account with the new plans. 

Graeme

Griff, I realized that. I like the prepaid system that Public Mobile uses, and there has been a learning curve on both sides, for the users, as well the developers. I am just being wary of releasing my credit card info on the net, and when I do, if the system does not work smoothly, then I refuse to use it. When the robot sends an automated text to my phone, saying there is insufficient funds in my account, immediately after I have just topped up, then the developers have to make changes, so that it works in real time. Obviously, if the automated text is a batch run program, it has to check the balance in my account just before sending the text, so that this mistake is not made. Today, when I topped up, everything worked just fine, there was no such message, and I'm happy using the voucher system. With regard to the credit card registration process, there probably has to be verbal confirmation, a two stage process for registration, to prevent credit card fraud. The run up to registration should include a primer, explaining the typical difficulties the user may encounter, with their solutions. In my case, the reason why the registration wasn't accepted may have been a recent address change. In that case, they should call immediately, and offer verbal assistance, and explain what is required. They want us to use the credit card system, right? (and the customer tries to avoid fees, where possible)

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Exactly, Why would you assume or even think the Publicmobile Prepaid system has anything to do with your credit history.

Griff

@Graeme 

With Public Mobile being a prepaid system it doesn't "reject" credit cards or look into your credit score. The system may have had some sort of issue recognizing the card you were using and failed to register.

Graeme

Hello Val, thanks for the feedback. The new payment interface looks great, and with some added colour, would be even better. I had a bad experience with the old Public Mobile site when it rejected my credit card registration summarily. Since I have an excellent credit score, and pride myself in paying all my bills on time, this was like a slap in the face. Maybe I'll return to credit card payments if the new interface works first time without fault. Meanwhile, I'm pleased to report that the voucher system is working perfectly for me, at the moment. Keep up the good work, and remember to smile!

Perhaps Vouchers should become a thing of the past, at least the Paper receipt vouchers. Plastic reloadable vouchers should be the new standard. Luckily I have Autopay, Too cold to walk around for a Paper receipt voucher. Plus PPL tend not to recycle their old paper receipts, and paper is getting more expensive these days

claude1960
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are the one giving me the news because I do have an old plan 25$ unlimited cals in and out. 

Not complaining anyway, just a slight deception. By the way I'm an old man too.(relatively). Thanks for the heads up, chukdefatey.

smilee

Even new  users to PM can still buy vouchers.

chukdefatey
@claude1960, you said you were buying vouchers every 30 days then that means you are definitely on old Grathfathered plans. I hate to be the one to give you the bad news that the pathetic $2 off for auto pay his only for the new pathetic plans.

I already had Autopay enabled for my own ac, and never received a telemarketing call from PM.

Honestly, if PM did call me, I would have told them that since all the info was on website to begin with, why waste those$$$ on a telemarketing phonecall? If PM is  supposed to be a DIYS No Frills concept, PM obviously isn't very smart in that tactic. Plus, $2 discount for Autopay registration on new plans isn't really a reward, just a idiotic, nothing personal, and no disrespect intended, but an idiotic band-aid which serves no meaningful purpose. Personally, there's no real point in having the $2 Autopay registration reward at all, savings only buys you maybe 1 large coffee from Tims once a Month.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Regarding PM telemarketing calls, I profusely thanked the telemarketer for calling me; I told her that I would immediately sign up for Auto-Pay after the call; and repeatedly wished her a good day, after which there was a pregnant pause before she awkwardly wished me a good day.

I was never called after that!

claude1960

It seems to be at random accordy to your experience. Than why would you receive more than one call.

Then I don't agree with that practice.

Whatever the case I read the offer of getting 2$ off and I registered yesterday. Before There was no reason for me to be on auto pay. I was buying a voucher every 30 days or so.

chukdefatey
I actually get the calls too, from the sounds of it they are using an outsourced call center in India and the calls are being placed by an auto dialer because when you answer the call they come on the line anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds later.

camshron

I get the call at least once a month

Griff

@camshron 

I've never once gotten a call for that and I used prepaid vouchers to activate

claude1960

Where do you live?

I never receive any calls asking or offering prepaid.

camshron

it would be great if i was not constantly receiving phone calls trying to force me to sign up for pre-pay with credit card i declined once and that should suffice, thanks for nothing Public Mobile!

claude1960

Today I took ihe time to review the new PM site. This mock-ups is well done, as the site.

Of course with the feed back PM will get better. For now I find that the self serve you provide for us looking for better prices for cell. service is appropriate. Thanks.

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Val_T 

I like what I'm seeing!  A lot, actually.  Due date, amount with taxes (even the name of the province), large drawings, everything seems to be there.  +1

Martin
Legend
Legend
Val_T,

I believe that it would be helpful if it were explained what the CCV2 is and where it is located.

As you may know, American Express has it on the front above the CC number, whereas other card issuers have it on the back as the last set of digits.

I think fake cards showing the difference and position of the CCV2 would go a long way in reducing the number of requests in the forum about it.

Martin
Legend
Legend
smilee,

Putting a lump sum into your account can be done even now.

At one point, I had $190 in my account, with auto-pay disabled because my CC was on file.

On my billing date, the system deducted exactly what was due.

I hope that this addresses your question.

Just curious: when will this mock up be ready for a test? just so we can have a better understanding of the overhaul in the self serve mock up concept

OK. Sorry about that. The Mock up looks pretty good, needs some coloring on background, too flat, but once minor tweaks are in place, Then I would think PM has nailed the concept right on the bullseye

Hi. Val_T, so far the Self Serve interface is definitely a vast improvement, a thumbs up, but I think it can go even further. Perhaps the Time in regards to autopay, what time the transaction went through, and a countdown to expiry date of plan, and perhaps an explanation of how the 30 day cycle works, so that everyone can have a better understanding on how it works. I also think that for the self serve, detail on the plan, how much, how much tax, how much deducted from rewards one qualifies, so that ppl can understand the process, and hopefully reduce the confusion so as to make this transition as smooth and painless as possible. Also, perhaps have the full list of rewards shown, which ones one qualifies for, which ones one doesn't currently, how many ppl who you referred to PM for the $1 off, almost like how ppl look at receipt, giving ppl peace of mind

I think PM should also allow us to have multiple accounts linked to self serve, so that all accounts can be accessed faster, and effectively.

And maybe PM offering more ways to pay, like online pay from bank, ppl would know that its not instantanious, but at least ppl know that paying for service is more convenient, and hassle free

smilee

What about the ability to do a lump sum payment. Let's say my monthly bill is $25 but I don't want to go on automatic payment. Do I have the abilty to make a payment of $75 and when my payment comes due it can automatically be taken from the amount available on my account.

Need Help? Let's chat.