cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping a foreigner set up a Public Mobile Account before arriving in our wonderful country.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I have a American  friend (that I mailed a SIM card to) that will arrive next month. 

How can she set up her account?

Do American VISA, MasterCard and American Express work?

Do American VISA debit cards work?

Public Mobile Payment Vouchers I guess won’t be in her reach. 

Will Recharge work? But they are kind of weird as all we do with PM is to the dollar and you might have to overbuy on Recharge as per pic. 

E3259C88-AF1E-4C63-BF9D-A0D73B807DA5.jpeg

Any ideas will be much appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@honrie wrote:

Hi

Yes all credit cards are accepted, having an automatic payment come out is the best option so no service interruption

Well...not quite all...Visa, Mastercard, American Express from a Canadian or American financial institution.

honrie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

Yes all credit cards are accepted, having an automatic payment come out is the best option so no service interruption

@LurganIeUk 

Recharge has more paying options like PayPal. The voucher number appears on screen after you pay and they send you an email.

Screenshot_20201127_180446.jpg

Excellent idea. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

True...later you can top up to the dollar. 

But would she able to use Recharge to first set up the account?

@LurganIeUk The get started page says all you need is a payment voucher or credit card. I'm not familiar with how Recharge is handled or what you get when you buy from them. Do you need a valid phone number and they add the total you buy? If so, I guess that won't work. You could always buy a voucher and send them a pic like CCS does.

True...later you can top up to the dollar. 

But would she able to use Recharge to first set up the account?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk Even if you have to buy more on recharge, it's not like it will go to waste.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

They accept USA cards.

We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S

Need Help? Let's chat.