cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with using a phone once time expires but account has been topped up

Lachine081968
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I originally signed up I took the $15 - 100 minute plan.  It ends Oct 16th.  I went on today to top up my account and change the plan going forward to $25 unlimited.  It took the money twice on my credit card but my phone isn't working???  I am very frustrated and cannot seem to get this fixed.  

I wanted to top up my phone and change the plan for the future.  Why is this so complicated.  I also want my monies credited.

16 REPLIES 16

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lachine081968  sorry to jump in here so late. I am not really sure what has happened it seems like you topped up, can't be certain about the plan change.  If I were in your situation I would login to selfserve and select change plan. On that page it will probably state if you have or don't have a future dated plan change. If If doesn't  I would select the 25$ plan and select change on next renewal.

As for not having service I don't know.

@Lachine081968 wrote:

so this money will roll for the next 2 months?  What about the plan change going forward?  It still shows the $15 month plan which I don't want? 

If you click on details it should say when is it changing and it will stay that way unless you schedule next change

It is under 'my plan' section, refer to the picture above

Lachine081968

I am going to turn everything off and try again. 

I will come back if I need more help.

Thank you everyone!

@Lachine081968 wrote:

so this money will roll for the next 2 months?  What about the plan change going forward?  It still shows the $15 month plan which I don't want? 

It will roll over to next 2 months.  You should be able to check if you are scheduled for plan change.  You can check your self service account, under plan change section.   

@Lachine081968 wrote:

phone says emergency calls only

I assume that it was working before you attempted to change plans.  

May try the lost/stolen phone trick as described above to restart your plan.  

Lachine081968

For the plan

It looks how it should be, I the next renewal it will take25 fur your cycle if you postdated it. Click on plan details and you will see.

Screenshot_2019-09-24-11-56-57.png

Since you have outgoing minutes left do not change your plan immediately, if you get too low just use fongo you have also enough data

Now for the phone not working, can you test it in another device, did you change the device?

Can you report your phone lost wait couple of minutes then report it found, then restart

@Lachine081968 wrote:

Available Funds: $50.00
Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Oct 15, 2019
Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
Amount Owing: $0.00
Make a Payment
View Payment History

From Sept 23 – Sept 30, 2019 refer your friend to Public Mobile and both you and your friend will receive a one-time $10 account credit! See the Community for more details.
Sharing is caring!
Tell your friends to use this code ZYX7E9 or link when they activate with Public Mobile.
My Plan
Account Status: Active
My Plan

$15 per 30 Days
Plan Details
Change Plan
View My Usage
My Rewards
Loyalty Reward $0
AutoPay Reward $0
Community Reward $0
Refer-a-Friend Reward $0
To learn more about Rewards, visit our Community
My Rewards

My Data & Add-Ons

If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

Data & Add-Ons
Amount Used
100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
63 / 100 MIN
250 MB at 3G speed
0 / 250 MB

I am not the most computer savy person.....this is what my page shows?

@Lachine081968 

It looks like that you are the $15 plan right now.  Is your phone working?  

You should be set up for $25 plan change at your next renewal.  You have enough funds to cover that change.  If you want refund, it will take several weeks and will need moderator help.  Just easier to keep the funds in your account for the next two months.  

Lachine081968

phone says emergency calls only

Lachine081968

I want this $50 to cover my next 2 months, and I want that plan forever....... 😞 

Lachine081968

Honestly, I am not sure

@Lachine081968 

That means you have enough funds for renewal. 

Do you want to change your plans immediately to $25?  If so, you will lose the remaining allotment of the $15 plan.  No pro-rated plans with prepaid Public mobile.  

If you are planning to change at next renewal, you should have enough funds and the plan will change on October 16 without extra funds.  Actually, you will have enough for the next two months,  

Lachine081968

Available Funds: $50.00
Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Oct 15, 2019
Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
Amount Owing: $0.00
Make a Payment
View Payment History

From Sept 23 – Sept 30, 2019 refer your friend to Public Mobile and both you and your friend will receive a one-time $10 account credit! See the Community for more details.
Sharing is caring!
Tell your friends to use this code ZYX7E9 or link when they activate with Public Mobile.
My Plan
Account Status: Active
My Plan

$15 per 30 Days
Plan Details
Change Plan
View My Usage
My Rewards
Loyalty Reward $0
AutoPay Reward $0
Community Reward $0
Refer-a-Friend Reward $0
To learn more about Rewards, visit our Community
My Rewards

My Data & Add-Ons

If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

Data & Add-Ons
Amount Used
100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
63 / 100 MIN
250 MB at 3G speed
0 / 250 MB

I am not the most computer savy person.....this is what my page shows?

Lachine081968

It shows that I have $50?  

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you choose "Change plan now" or "Change on next renewal date" in Self Serve? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lachine081968 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

What does your available funds show?  Which plan is showing $15 or $25?  Did you change your plan immediately or at next renewal date?  

You could try the lost/stolen phone trick to reset your SIM card/plan.  

To report your phone stolen. Login to your account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. The choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found.

Need Help? Let's chat.