cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with changing Plan and re-activating suspended PM service

aakbaral
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I tried to re-active my Suspended Service and change the plan at the same time. The system wouldn't allow it. So I had to re-activate the service first and system charged me the current plan fee of $10. Then when I changed my plan to the one I wanted, I got charged again $40. Could I please get the $10 refund?

15 REPLIES 15

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krazykiwi

No worries. Way I see it they redetailed it to straighten out the confusion from the earlier info so now they are waiting to hear back from mod on the count they had issues changing plans without buying a new month of their current plan.

@Dankaroo wrote:

@Anonymous

They kindly redetailed the issue, I hope they paste it to the @CS_Agent it's broken down perfectly

Sorry, I feel the op's second description contradicts their first and it is still unclear whether there was a problem when attempting to change the plan or they just failed to complete the steps in the correct order.

Sharry19

@aakbaral This is a Prepaid service so you won't get refund unless you send a private message by clicking on this link @CS_Agent & only they can solve this issue if possible.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dankaroo wrote:

Send a  private response to @CS_Agent detailing your situation please.

@aakbaral wrote:

There's got to be some give with PM for these kinds of system problems. .

So how I find out definitively, if I can get a refund?

@aakbaral  mod are pretty good at goodwill in these situations. Just explain what happend and be polite, like you have been.   Be aware that in most cases they will provide you with a account credit (available funds) for use in your next billing cycle.  they typically do not refund back to credit cards. and in the circomstances in which they have, it takes 2-4 weeks if i remember correcty. 

Dankaroo

@Anonymous

They kindly redetailed the issue, I hope they paste it to the @CS_Agent it's broken down perfectly

Dankaroo

Send a  private response to @CS_Agent detailing your situation please.

Edit: after click/pressing the name scroll down to "Contact Me"

@aakbaral wrote:

I understand PM is a Prepaid Service, wholeheartedly. But in this case, there was a system problem, and because of PM model of no real time customer telephone service, I went ahead and did my best on my own

The option to change the plan was there, along with TopUp, so I did the TopUp and it activated my account on the Current Plan, which is not what I wanted. I wanted the account activated on the new upgraded plan, which I went ahead and did it after. And then I realized I got charged for both within 5 minutes of each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aakbaral wrote:

I understand PM is a Prepaid Service, wholeheartedly. But in this case, there was a system problem, and because of PM model of no real time customer telephone service, I went ahead and did my best on my own

The option to change the plan was there, along with TopUp, so I did the TopUp and it activated my account on the Current Plan, which is not what I wanted. I wanted the account activated on the new upgraded plan, which I went ahead and did it after. And then I realized I got charged for both within 5 minutes of each other.

As the link from stonechucker says, the method is to do the change and then pay. I agree it's not clear. The system did what you told it to do. As suggested, ask nicely for a credit back on your account.

Dankaroo: Edit: you're right thanks. No they said they tried to change first and it didn't work for some reason.

aakbaral
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dankaroo

@Anonymous

Actually they said they topped up and paid for the next cycle before changing plans because they were unable to change plans.

I just hope when it's renewal time the infamous incorrect billing charge/text message doesn't occur in which case moderator intervention is still necessary regardless of new steps to change plans post suspension.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dankaroo wrote:

@popping wrote:

@aakbaral wrote:

Hi, I tried to re-active my Suspended Service and change the plan at the same time. The system wouldn't allow it. So I had to re-activate the service first and system charged me the current plan fee of $10. Then when I changed my plan to the one I wanted, I got charged again $40. Could I please get the $10 refund?

PM service is prepaid.  There is no refund for prepaid service in Canada.  WHen you change plan right away, you will not get refund of unused portion of your $10 plan.  But send a private message to moderator.  You may get a credit and is not guarantee.  YMMV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To better assist anyone who may attempt to do the same would it perhaps be more ideal contact moderator in the first place for a plan change?

Message @CS_Agent

Afterall they need to address the billing issue anyways since different plan = different 30/90 charge.

Another idea that comes to mind although it may be a bit silly, terminating the plan or the account to reinstate it under a new plan? I'd imagine Moderator assistance is still necessary if only the plan is terminated.

The moderator is needed when you want to do an early renewal before the end of your term. In this case something has got tripped up and so the system did what it was told to do but it wasn't what the OP wanted. So *maybe* the mods might make it right.

Actually, there's been an announcement previously that you can now change the plan yourself in Self-Serve (My Account) when you have an inactive plan.

Please see This Link for further information.

You appear to have replied to me. I'm aware of that. The OP seemed to have had a problem doing exactly that and ended up doing an immediate plan change. Thus, they're out $10.

Dankaroo

@stonechucker

Guess the deactivating plan idea was not so silly after all 😅

Thanks for the reference too stone

I hope this circumvent s the incorrect billing amount when it's renewal time.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dankaroo wrote:

@popping wrote:

@aakbaral wrote:

PM service is prepaid.  There is no refund for prepaid service in Canada.  WHen you change plan right away, you will not get refund of unused portion of your $10 plan.  But send a private message to moderator.  You may get a credit and is not guarantee.  YMMV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To better assist anyone who may attempt to do the same would it perhaps be more ideal contact moderator in the first place for a plan change?

Message @CS_Agent

Afterall they need to address the billing issue anyways since different plan = different 30/90 charge.

Another idea that comes to mind although it may be a bit silly, terminating the plan or the account to reinstate it under a new plan? I'd imagine Moderator assistance is still necessary if only the plan is terminated.

The moderator is needed when you want to do an early renewal before the end of your term. In this case something has got tripped up and so the system did what it was told to do but it wasn't what the OP wanted. So *maybe* the mods might make it right.

Actually, there's been an announcement previously that you can now change the plan yourself in Self-Serve (My Account) when you have an inactive plan.

Please see This Link for further information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dankaroo wrote:

@popping wrote:

@aakbaral wrote:

Message @CS_Agent

Dankaroo

@popping wrote:

@aakbaral wrote:

Message @CS_Agent

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aakbaral wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.