cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Plan change

burkely
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey folks,

Didn't know plan changes had to be done before expiry now. Didn't think that was the case and must be a new thing. 

Can a moderator or someone with PM please help me out with changing plans please???

Thanks!!

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@clavije I don't think that @burkely was blaming PM but rather asking for help getting their phone service working again.  It's not fair to point fingers at them for letting their service get suspended, you don't know what their circumstances are.  It should not be an unreasonable expectation that you should be able to reactivate on a different plan on your own without needing moderator assitance.  I don't see how it's productive to snap at the person for not being able to do that.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

clavije

sorry but it is your fault, you let it expired, don't start blaming PM 

this posts just make me sick

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @burkely

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number so that I can help? 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@SD08 thanks for the plug for my lab idea.  @burkely if you don't mind, please have a look at that thread and bravo to vote it up.  EDIT: the moderators are back in around 9AM EST (Toronto/Montreal time) tomorrow; hopefully they can get you fixed up quickly.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

burkely

It absolutely is frustrating. I've sent several messages now, and have yet to get my service going. I guess I'll be 24 hours without a line...  For someone who has been with company for over 2 years now, that's just unacceptable. 

There's no reason why the system can't facilitate a change to a cheaper plan. I'm guessing this is Public Mobile's sneaky way of trying to force people into renewing their more expensive plans. 

I think what I may do is place a formal complaint with the CRTC and let them know exactly what is going on here. 

Thank you for the advice guys, I appreciate it. I do know that you guys are not with PM or are Moderators, so I do thank you for your time. 

@burkely To facilitate the change it's best to make a one time payment equal to the plan you want. Then a moderator just needs to activate it for you.

From an older thread this quote from @srlawren has been confirmed by Public Mobile: "If the new plan is more expensive, you add credit and try to do a plan change, it ends up renewing on the original plan with the difference in $ left over as available credit; if the new plan is cheaper, I believe it refuses to reactivate because it's still trying to grab the amount of the original plan from your available funds, which are insufficient at that time."

There is also this explanation (albeit not a justification for the aggravation): http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08

I understand it's frustrating, but please don't create multiple topics for the same issue. It just creates more work for the moderators. The moderators or oracles would end up merging the topics anyway. You've indicated that you've sent a private message to a moderator already. Best thing to do is be patient and give them a chance to respond.

SD08

@burkely wrote:

Thanks,

I've done this already. How stupid is it that once your plan expires you cannot change the type of plan. 

It wasn't like this before and I've been with PM for quite some time. May be time for a change, I don't mind being​ billed for a service I'm actually getting. 

Thanks

@burkely

I agree that members should be able to make plan changes on expired or suspended accounts themselves.  I recommend that you add your vote to this idea submitted by Oracle @srlawren in the Public Lab:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Ability-to-reactivate-a-suspended-account-o...

burkely

Thanks,

I've done this already. How stupid is it that once your plan expires you cannot change the type of plan. 

It wasn't like this before and I've been with PM for quite some time. May be time for a change, I don't mind being​ billed for a service I'm actually getting. 

Thanks

burkely

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. My number is suspended as of last night. 

I'm trying to change from my 90 day plan to a 10 day Province wide calling and unlimited texting only. 

Please help. 

Thank you,

mimmo

Hi if I understood correctly.

1) your phone plan expired

2) you want to renew under a different plan.

best thing to do is private message a mod @Shazia_K (click her name and then select private message)  in teh message put your phone number and the plan you want.

SD08

Plan changes after expiry can only be done by a moderator.  I'll tag one for you  @Mary_M

For speedier service, you should send a private message to a moderator with your phone number and the details of the plan you want. How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.