cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Phone plan suspended!

gpech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I have confirmed that my credit card works without issues and have been able to make payments to other vendors.

But for some reason when I try and pay my balance on PM my card gets denied. I was on auto pay for years without issues!

I even tried to remove my card and re-enter it but still doesn't work. Please can you look into my account as soon as possible so we can fix this?

Thank you
Greg

20 REPLIES 20

gpech

I tried calling *611, but its saying I need to add my card back to my account before I can make any payments. 

Unfortunately I'm unable to add my card because I keep getting an error. 

@gpech wrote:

Thanks, but I've been with Public Mobile for years and this has never happened to me. 

Auto-pay kicks in and the phone has worked perfectly without issues and interuptions. 

Today I find out my plan has been suspended and the phone has not been working since the morning. Something is definitely wrong and out of the ordinary. 

@gpech  Yes, I agree with you that is why I mentioned that it appears to be a PM internal account renewal problem/ issue. 

gpech

Thanks, but I've been with Public Mobile for years and this has never happened to me. 

Auto-pay kicks in and the phone has worked perfectly without issues and interuptions. 

Today I find out my plan has been suspended and the phone has not been working since the morning. Something is definitely wrong and out of the ordinary. 

@MandyJ wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

This is so good to know. I'm on AutoPay and haven't yet had my first renewel. If I saw my account show suspended before reading this, it would have really concerned me and yes, I probably would have tried adding more money to the account and made a bigger mess of things.

Does phone service go down at all during this process? Or does everything still work despite it saying 'expired/suspended'?

@MandyJ  Everything continues to work as normal.

Try calling  *611 to add funds to your account.

Let us know how you make out.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.

This is so good to know. I'm on AutoPay and haven't yet had my first renewel. If I saw my account show suspended before reading this, it would have really concerned me and yes, I probably would have tried adding more money to the account and made a bigger mess of things.

Does phone service go down at all during this process? Or does everything still work despite it saying 'expired/suspended'?

If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

gpech

It says:

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."

I was on auto-pay, but they still suspended my account. 

Also it shows: 

• Your plan expired on May 27, 2019.
  • Top up before Aug 25, 2019 or your account will be deactivated."

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

Use recharge.com to get a top up coupon in the interim

https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

There seems to be quite a few credit card problems lately.

@gpech wrote:

Tried putting in postal code without last digit 

tried putting in address without unit number 

gor This error when the card was still linked to my account and on auto pay and I simply just wanted to make a payment to clear the suspension. AND also after I removed the card. 

@gpech wrote:

gor This error when the card was still linked to my account and on auto pay and I simply just wanted to make a payment to clear the suspension. AND also after I removed the card. 

@gpech  Wow, hopefully the @CS_Agent  will respond with a fix soon. Expiry date hasn't changed right?

gpech

@gpech wrote:

Thanks I get the following error 

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

@gpech  You got that error after you deleted/added your cc online correct?  Some tips that worked for other customer when entring a cc are:

When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@gpech wrote:

Hi I have confirmed that my credit card works without issues and have been able to make payments to other vendors.

But for some reason when I try and pay my balance on PM my card gets denied. I was on auto pay for years without issues!

I even tried to remove my card and re-enter it but still doesn't work. Please can you look into my account as soon as possible so we can fix this?

Thank you
Greg

Install an app for the meantime such as Fongo to get a free Canadian number that you can use if you need to call out to let someone know you're having issues with your regular number.  You could also email them the phone number so that they can call you on the temporary number.

As for the payment expiring, is this your renewal date, or your day before renewal (also called payment date)?    You should make no changes and let the system work if this is the case, as any self-serve changes could disrupt the normal process on these two specific dates.

As your phone isn't working at this point, if you've sent a message to the moderators, you'll have to await their response to go any further with getting your account active at this point.

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They usually respond within 1 or 2 days. When I have contacted them, it was only a few hours. But it depends on the volume of inquiries. Once they contact you they will send you a link to verify your account (as privacy, financial and personal information may be discussed). 

@gpech wrote:

Thanks - have messaged them, but no answer. Any idea of what their turnaround time is? 

Phone plan has been suspended and I have a very important call I’m expecting today. 

@gpech  Turnaround time is 2 - 48 hours. Are you sure it was a cc issue because from what you described it could be an internal PM account renewal issue. Did you try re-activating your account? If the payment amount due is 0 you might want to try the Lost/Stole reset trick. Sometimes it act like a soft account reset. 

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

gpech

Thanks I get the following error 

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gpech wrote:

What gets denied? The AutoPay payment or the manual payment that you make using the one-time cc payment feature?

Does it allow you to add the credit card or do you get an error when you try to add it? After adding your cc did you try making payment using 611 on your phone? Is you account currently suspended?

Thank you
Greg

gpech

Thanks - have messaged them, but no answer. Any idea of what their turnaround time is? 

Phone plan has been suspended and I have a very important call I’m expecting today. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpech 

Restart you browser and try it again

Make sure the credit card address matches on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would recommending messaging the kind folks at the Moderator_Team via this link to investigate your account and to provide some additional insight into your issue.

It helps to provide a detailed description of your problem and what your resolution goals are so they can best assist. If you are having troubles contacting the Moderator_Team, refer to the following knowledge base link.

Best of luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.