cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Mods - Credit was used for monthly fee even Autopay is off

yiszheng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am with $10 monthly plan. I wanted to suspend my phone for a few month due to the coming travel and thus turned off the autopay option last month. I expected that my phone will be suspended automatically. However, I just found that my current credit in my account was used to pay the fee autoamctially. This is different from what I know from this forum. Could any of Mods help me on this issue? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
You will have to contact a moderator to stop funds from being taken from your account. However if your account is suspended for more than 90 days the account will be canceled and the phone number associated with it will be recycled, to reactivate it you would need a new SIM card, new account, and new phone number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yiszheng, if you have funds in the account or auto pay set up and want to suspend the service, use the lost phone feature to stop the renewal.  Note that this only stops renewal but does not stop the fact the remaining paid service will continue to run down.  When you want to resume the account, then select found phone and renew the account. 

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc no, they are saying they had an available funds balance on their account, and the renewal process used $10 of that available funds balance to pay for an undesired renewal.  Also: turning off AutoPay does not remove the credit card you have on file--that is a separate stepl; however, that's not what has lead to this issue.

@yiszheng in the future, if you have an available funds balance > $0, you will need to mark your phone as lost/stolen while you are away to prevent your plan from renewing.

@srlawrenYes. Right, I misread that. That makes sense. Yes if the phone is not on lost/stolen it will continue to renew. The auto-pay system only is needed if there is not enough funds in the account. If there are enough funds in the account it will gobble those up while the plan is active.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc no, they are saying they had an available funds balance on their account, and the renewal process used $10 of that available funds balance to pay for an undesired renewal.  Also: turning off AutoPay does not remove the credit card you have on file--that is a separate stepl; however, that's not what has lead to this issue.

@yiszheng in the future, if you have an available funds balance > $0, you will need to mark your phone as lost/stolen while you are away to prevent your plan from renewing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@yiszheng wrote:

Hello, I am with $10 monthly plan. I wanted to suspend my phone for a few month due to the coming travel and thus turned off the autopay option last month. I expected that my phone will be suspended automatically. However, I just found that my current credit in my account was used to pay the fee autoamctially. This is different from what I know from this forum. Could any of Mods help me on this issue? Thanks.

@yiszhengI have never tried this, but are you saying when you disable auto-pay it also did not remove the credit card? Your self-serve overview says auto-pay is disabled but your payment section shows a card on file? If this is true I will have to let people know to not only disable autopay, but go into "manage credit card" and remove it. I did not know it worked this way either. Edit, used your "current credit", not "credit card". I misread that.

Either way, as @Lieux has suggested, send a message to the mods, they are the only ones that can help you now. Click this to send them a message.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@yiszheng you will need to write a message here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

Explain what happened and wait 1 or 2 days they will answer and help you!!

Need Help? Let's chat.