cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. Autopay error. Card payment not accepted. Can not find vouchers

newtovan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

My account was set to renew today via AutoPay. It has not worked and my account has been suspended. The card that was assigned to AutoPay is the card used to top up originally. I have tried to re-enter the card and an alternative with no luck (Visa debit & Visa Credit). I also ventured out to Money Mart and Shell and both places told me they do not sell vouchers for Public Mobile. I also had no luck trying to update over the phone. I have sent an email to Publi Mobile but if anyone has a solution please do share. I am job hunting so its a real problem not to have my phone working.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

37 REPLIES 37

manil_c

@srlawren wrote:

I had to add spaces in the card number, despite instructions on the form to the contrary.  So instead of 1234123412341234 I had to enter 1234 1234 1234 1234.

I'm surprised the system has these sort of issues. Then again, it's in beta!

Anyway, trying a different format to enter data was imaginative 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I should add:  I had a similar credit card problem when I went to pay for my first 90-day plan.  Initially I activated with a 10-day $10 text-only plan just to test out the SIM.  I tried to pay for my 90-day plan with the same credit card that worked on initial activation but I could not get it to work no matter what I tried at the time.  That's why I went and got the vouchers.

Subsequent to that, however, I was finally able to add the card to my account by completely ignoring ALL of the formatting instructions on the page where you add a card, and formatting everything exactly as it appears on my credit card bill, PLUS I had to add spaces in the card number, despite instructions on the form to the contrary.  So instead of 1234123412341234 I had to enter 1234 1234 1234 1234.  This may or may not help you but might be worth a try!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@newtovan wrote:

I also ventured out to Money Mart and Shell and both places told me they do not sell vouchers for Public Mobile.

This is odd.  I had to get a couple of vouchers when I first activated, and it was Shell I got them at (in Langley, on 200th St. near the freeway--but this may not be near your part of greater Vancouver).  I'm trying to remember what the "code" was that the person used in their gift card system.  I think it was PBLM or PB ML or something like that.  I might still have the vouchers at home, I could look and see if it's printed on them.  Sorry I wish I had that info handy.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@newtovan I don't have any other ideas - but I did respond to your private message just now to see if you're geographically in the same vicinity.

I'd say if multiple payment methods are being declined, you'll have to wait till PM support responds (which hopefully will be very shortly).

@newtovan That sounds weird. I've sent you a private message - please read and respond.

newtovan
I am in Vancouver. More than one card has been declined when done manually. No idea why.

Mayor / Maire

@newtovan Are you also in Vancouver? If so, I may be able to help.

Is your card being declined when you try to make a manual payment? Any idea why this might be?

Need Help? Let's chat.