cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, is it possible for me to get a refund for the money currently in my account.

Kha12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello , is it possible for me to get a a refund for the money currently in my account $50? I just realised that I paid twice.

7 REPLIES 7

Just creates unnecessary work and expense for PM when we are here for the lower cost plans. Since a refund (if possible) is likely to take longer than your next renewal it is likely best to leave it there for the renewal.

Terry

@Kha12 wrote:

Hello , is it possible for me to get a a refund for the money currently in my account $50? I just realised that I paid twice.

Unless this was a mistake by Public Mobile, I beleive that the likelihood for refund is very low.  Official policy points to no refunds.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

And that brings up the question of a balance that is all generated from PM such as from referrals over and above what your plan has used. Would it be refundable if someone were willing to wait...porting out maybe? I wouldn’t think that $$ would be considered refundable but?

Just curious....

Terry

Correct me if I am wrong.  There is no refund for prepaid account in Canada whether the fund is from you or from provider.  Therefore, don't add too much extra fund to your account as it is non-refundable.  What you are doing is locking yourself to a virtual contract while PM prepaid is month-to-month service and you can leave any time you want.

I found out the PM $10 50/50 right after I topup my Speakout account with $100 voucher + $25 contributed by Speakout.  I had to wait for a year before switching my Speakout number to PM.

And that brings up the question of a balance that is all generated from PM such as from referrals over and above what your plan has used. Would it be refundable if someone were willing to wait...porting out maybe? I wouldn’t think that $$ would be considered refundable but?

Just curious....

Terry

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Are you planning to port out and close the account?

If not i would just keep it as is, it will be used next time. 

Ifn yes then you should contact moderators

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Kha12  it is possible but it will probably take over a month before you get it back so it's easier to leave it in your available funds and it will take it next month to pay your bill 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kha12 wrote:

It will take a few months to get a refund.  It will be used on your next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.