cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have money on my account but plan wont restart

zaykowskis
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

I put enough money on my account to reactivate my plan 3 days ago and my phone still does not work. Can anyone please help me with this 

9 REPLIES 9

Demi-goddess
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you restarted your phone? That might help. 

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@geopublic   Is losing the autopay discount, when doing the lost/stolen trick, something new or has it always been this way, official or unofficial?  

@dabr  Recently a customer posted a reply from a moderator that the reason they lost their AutoPay for the period was because they suspended their account via the lost/stolen option. The moderator also mentioned that suspending your account for minutes will result in forfeiting the AP reward. I have asked the moderator team to verify or deny this but still waiting for their response. So until there is an official response I will keep the warning when making the recommendation.

I don't remember if that happened when I tried that a few months back without going back to look through my CC statements, so was just curious:)

Thanks, will try and check through my CC statements to see if that happened.  Makes sense to warn about it when recommending the lost/stolen trick too and will have to remember to also add that caveat too until it's clarified. 

Keep us posted when you hear back:)

@dabr wrote:

@geopublic   Is losing the autopay discount, when doing the lost/stolen trick, something new or has it always been this way, official or unofficial?  

@dabr  Recently a customer posted a reply from a moderator that the reason they lost their AutoPay for the period was because they suspended their account via the lost/stolen option. The moderator also mentioned that suspending your account for minutes will result in forfeiting the AP reward. I have asked the moderator team to verify or deny this but still waiting for their response. So until there is an official response I will keep the warning when making the recommendation.

I don't remember if that happened when I tried that a few months back without going back to look through my CC statements, so was just curious:)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

If you still have problems after trying the lost phone trick and adding a manual payment then contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zaykowskis wrote:

I put enough money on my account to reactivate my plan 3 days ago and my phone still does not work. Can anyone please help me with this 

@zaykowskis 

1. Put phone in airplane mode wait 5 minutes turn off airplane mode.
  2. Add another $1 to your acount and restart your phone
  3.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick:

Warning: By perforning the following procedure there is a strong chance that you will have to forfeit your AutoPay reward for the current period. If you have AutoPay enabled use at your own risk.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

ackertara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you logged into your account and clicked on "reactivate plan"?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Post moved to paying for service to improve visibility. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zaykowskis sorry to hear about this.  Did you try the reactivate button in your self-serve account after topping it up?

PS you've posted in the lounge, which is an area for off-topic discussion.  This is probably why your post hasn't gotten much attention.  For future reference, you may want to post a topic like this in either the Self-Serve or Paying for your Service section of the community for better visibility.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.