cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have funds cannot renew

Angie16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

System will not renew as I have more funds then needed and will not take either of my credit cards? It says I owe nothing so reinstate my service please! I need my phone for job hunting. 

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Angie16 , I suggest that you reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex888 wrote:
Has your phone stopped working or is it your renewal date and your account says expires/suspended? If your phone is still working payment may have just not gone through yet.

Make sure that you have enough to cover the tax as well. If it's not taking your credit cards first try a different browser, Chrome in incognito usually works. If it still won't accept one, go to www.recharge.com and buy a Public Mobile voucher, an enter that into your account.

@Alex888 

The balance only needs to have funds that match or exceed the plan cost before tax. All amounts seen in the self-serve account are before taxes, whether it's plan cost, rewards, or available balance. This is to keep everything consistent no matter which province the subscriber resides in. Only when the billing system reaches outside of the account to draw funds (i.e. from a credit card or buying a voucher at a retailer) does taxes get assessed. When you buy a voucher, the retailer will charge tax but the pre-tax face value of the voucher gets loaded onto the account as available funds. So, for example, if the OP's plan costs $20 and they have $20 available funds in the account, there is no need to add more to cover tax, because taxes will already have been paid on those funds.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Angie16  Has your phone stopped working or is it your renewal date and your account says expires/suspended? If your phone is still working payment may have just not gone through yet.

Make sure that you have enough to cover the tax as well. If it's not taking your credit cards first try a different browser, Chrome in incognito usually works. If it still won't accept one, go to www.recharge.com and buy a Public Mobile voucher, an enter that into your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.