cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has credit card processing completely failed?

micjohric
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see lots of messages on here about credit card payments being rejected. I'm in the same position, and it seems to have torpedoed my attempt to activate service today. I've spent all day trying to get it started, so far to no avail. I have two credit cards, both of which are accepted everywhere except Public Mobile (and one of which was used about a week ago to purchase a SIM card from Public Mobile).

I've been having a painfully slow conversation with the moderators, who want me to send them all of the info I've already entered on the website forms, because that all appears to have just gone into a black hole, and they say they'll get my account activated, but so far, I still can't log in (the password that I submitted isn't recognized as valid), can't reset my password (the error message says they're unable to verify my email address), can't submit payment to activate anything…

Is this happening to everyone, or am I just lucky?

9 REPLIES 9

micjohric

They did eventually get it activated. It took pretty much all day, with many messages sent to the moderators, to get them to do what should have taken only about five minutes of my time. And in the end, I was told that at the final step (porting my number from Speakout), I would get a notification from them that it was done, and that I would then need to restart my phone to test it out.

Unsurprisingly, neither of those things was true. I did not receive a notification when the transfer was complete, and I did not need to restart my phone. A perfect end to the whole ordeal, as I waited and check both my email and the forum for a message that never came, even though the transfer was done for some unknown period of time…

micjohric

@JoyLuck wrote:

@micjohric 

A word of advice for when you get your account working. Autopay will sometimes fail on renewal date. To ensure this does not happen make sure you have enough money in your Available Funds in self service to cover your renewal. You can just leave your credit card on file for the $2 autopay reward and extra data. The funds in Available Funds will be used before your credit card.

Example thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Autopay-failed/m-p/553481#M48...

Yeah, I had come across that, as well. So, basically AutoPay is also a lie. Great, but at this point, unsurprising.

@micjohric 

A word of advice for when you get your account working. Autopay will sometimes fail on renewal date. To ensure this does not happen make sure you have enough money in your Available Funds in self service to cover your renewal. You can just leave your credit card on file for the $2 autopay reward and extra data. The funds in Available Funds will be used before your credit card.

Example thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Autopay-failed/m-p/553481#M48...

micjohric

@geopublic wrote:

@micjohric wrote:

I've been in touch with them. It has been hours now, and they still haven't fixed a single thing. I just want to know if this payments processing issue is also affecting others who are trying to activate accounts.

@micjohric  Most of the time the problem occurs during heavy activity loads. The payment processing system is slow and tires easily. Definitely needs an overhaul. Customers with similar problems have reported that they have been successful in the past when re-trying  their activations during off peak hours.

Another potential issue is that if you attempt a number of times with the same cc a security lock gets triggered and maybe that is why it's not working for you.

Interesting that the payment processor gets overloaded; they must be running a truly antique architecture, but I believe it. As for the multiple attempts—none of them reached the bank, so no fraud protection lock was triggered on either card. The issue was 100% Public Mobile's payment processing system.

micjohric

@JoyLuck wrote:

@micjohric wrote:

I've been in touch with them. It has been hours now, and they still haven't fixed a single thing. I just want to know if this payments processing issue is also affecting others who are trying to activate accounts.

Have a look at these 2 topics and you will get a flavour of the problems that clients have recently encountered.

topics.jpg

I did quite a lot of searching before posting, and found a number of posts about credit cards being rejected, but no information pertaining to my situation, where the problem occurred when activating an account, leaving me with no way to log in. It definitely seems like the payment processing system is far too fragile, and has caused lots of problems for people, including more than one very recently.

@micjohric wrote:

@micjohric  Most of the time the problem occurs during heavy activity loads. The payment processing system is slow and tires easily. Definitely needs an overhaul. Customers with similar problems have reported that they have been successful in the past when re-trying  their activations during off peak hours.

Another potential issue is that if you attempt a number of times with the same cc a security lock gets triggered and maybe that is why it's not working for you.

@micjohric wrote:

Have a look at these 2 topics and you will get a flavour of the problems that clients have recently encountered.

topics.jpg

micjohric

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@micjohric wrote:

I see lots of messages on here about credit card payments being rejected. I'm in the same position, and it seems to have torpedoed my attempt to activate service today. I've spent all day trying to get it started, so far to no avail. I have two credit cards, both of which are accepted everywhere except Public Mobile (and one of which was used about a week ago to purchase a SIM card from Public Mobile).

I've been having a painfully slow conversation with the moderators, who want me to send them all of the info I've already entered on the website forms, because that all appears to have just gone into a black hole, and they say they'll get my account activated, but so far, I still can't log in (the password that I submitted isn't recognized as valid), can't reset my password (the error message says they're unable to verify my email address), can't submit payment to activate anything…

Is this happening to everyone, or am I just lucky?

System problems do exist here. You will have to be patient and have a moderator assist you. You can always reply to the ticket you opened to ask them the status of your account.

Choose mail icon in top right of screen and go to your sent box. Your ticket should be there.

Need Help? Let's chat.