Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HURRY!! Due to Oct.3 Voucher failed

molles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought it on Sep.4, its time for me to make a payment for October

BUT it always failed:

Unfortunately, Voucher # could not be added. Please verify the Voucher and try again.

and differently I got 2 pins, but neither did them work
微信图片_20181002120919.jpg微信图片_20181002120925.jpg
 Does anybody know whats wrong with my account?
I do have $130 in my account but now i cant do anything with it:(
26 REPLIES 26

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@molles wrote:

but I still can’t understand why he told me i

should pay it. 

I think that he meant that you should make sure that there is enough in your balance to cover the next cycle a couple of days before it's due. I don't think he specifically meant the the next few cycles (which are already covered). Around the end of December, top up to make sure there's enough there for the next cycle. I believe that's what he was implying.

GC

@molles, ahhh!!!   Now I fully understand what's happened.

I think you do too now... and that's the best outcome.

So your $40 plan will renew until right around Christmas, and in January, you'll need to be ready to top-up some.

*** EDIT ... by my calculations, I think you'll need to top up right at the end of December.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:

Yes, I do have a referral 

just a false alarm:)

thx for your information!

There we go. All mysteries are answered.

Put something in your calendar for early January that you have to put in $30 to let it renew. After early December, you'll have your $10 still there. So you buy vouchers or put in a credit card and you only need $30. Then thereafter you'll need to pay the $40.

Unless of course you change things 🙂

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I may be failing because it has already been entered and that is why you show a $130 available. It should apply this automatically when due.

cappaj

@molles wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@molles wrote:

That’s nice!

actually it was the staff who did all of this.

kinda relieved 

thx! I think I m just being foolish

From the main page in self-serve, you can click on View Payment History and it'll show you line by line when money was added and when it was taken out. That'll give you some clues about how and when your balance has changed since you signed up! 

A rough guess - it sounds like the $160 in vouchers were added to your account by the person who sold them to you (what was the name of that store, by the way?). A $40 payment was deducted from that at some point since. And probably before all that, you had the $10 referral reward added to your account balance too (assuming you had a referral?). Which leaves you at $130 balance - as others mentioned, that's your next 3 months already paid for, it'll just happen automatically (if you don't already, you could add your credit card as autopay now - it won't charge your card until your Account Balance is low enough that it won't cover your renewal payment; and by signing up for autopay you'll get a $2 reward every 30 days - which, after the next 3 months, would mean an extra $6 in your account balance).

Glad it's all working!

cappaj

@molles wrote:

should pay it. As you said, the system will take the extra balance

Retail staff's knowledge varies wildly, my guess is he wasn't entirely sure or was mixing it up with another provider and wanted to make sure you didn't miss a payment because of his instructions/lack thereof.

PM doesn't actually have any of their own stores - it's always a 3rd-party retailer (Walmart, London Drugs, WOW mobile boutique, K-mobile, The Mobile Shop, and Koodo authorized dealers is the full list I think) who sells in person in a store. They have to keep track of not just PM's plans and prices and processes, but also Rogers, Bell, Koodo, Telus, Fido, etc. etc. So they make mistakes a lot, especially with a way less popular brand like PM.

molles

@cappaj wrote:

@molles wrote:

That’s nice!

kinda relieved 

From the main page in self-serve, you can click on View Payment History and it'll show you line by line when money was added and when it was taken out. That'll give you some clues about how and when your balance has changed since you signed up! 

A rough guess - it sounds like the $160 in vouchers were added to your account by the person who sold them to you (what was the name of that store, by the way?). A $40 payment was deducted from that at some point since. And probably before all that, you had the $10 referral reward added to your account balance too (assuming you had a referral?). Which leaves you at $130 balance - as others mentioned, that's your next 3 months already paid for, it'll just happen automatically (if you don't already, you could add your credit card as autopay now - it won't charge your card until your Account Balance is low enough that it won't cover your renewal payment; and by signing up for autopay you'll get a $2 reward every 30 days - which, after the next 3 months, would mean an extra $6 in your account balance).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:
the staff helped me load them 

So just for clarity...those vouchers are done. You can throw them out. You can't re-use a used voucher.

molles

@stonechucker wrote:

@molles, I don't know what your plan cost is, but you've got $130 waiting before your "payment date".  This is good news.  If you need to add more, you must do it today or early tomorrow so the system will have enough to pay your renewal (for Thursday).

I assume your service is active.  When did you purchase these vouchers?

When renewing your plan every cycle, you need to pay a day or two ahead to ensure the money is there.  You are not paying for past use, as this is prepaid service.  You are always paying for the next cycle.

Did you purchase these vouchers on Sept 4, and load them at that time?

very clear explanation! I finally understand how this system works

yes I bought it on Sept 4, $160 equally for 4 month. the staff helped me load them 

should pay it. As you said, the system will take the extra balance

cappaj

@molles wrote:

That’s nice!

kinda relieved 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:

That’s nice!

kinda relieved 

So maybe you did pay for the vouchers then and maybe they put them in your account for you and maybe your balance is right.

One last mystery piece...did you use a referral number when you started?

But...good to go.

@molles, I don't know what your plan cost is, but you've got $130 waiting before your "payment date".  This is good news.  If you need to add more, you must do it today or early tomorrow so the system will have enough to pay your renewal (for Thursday).

I assume your service is active.  When did you purchase these vouchers?

When renewing your plan every cycle, you need to pay a day or two ahead to ensure the money is there.  You are not paying for past use, as this is prepaid service.  You are always paying for the next cycle.

Did you purchase these vouchers on Sept 4, and load them at that time?

molles

That’s nice!

kinda relieved 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:

So you mean only if I added voucher successfully will the balance go up?

I shouldn’t have $130 in my account at the beginning?

yeah i hope i didn’t got taken,that’s desperating.

1. Yes.

2. You can have as much as you like...but why? Just top it up as you need. And right now, all things remaining equal, you're good for another 3 renewals.

molles

So you mean only if I added voucher successfully will the balance go up?

I shouldn’t have $130 in my account at the beginning?

yeah i hope i didn’t got taken,that’s desperating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:

oh, do you mean it will pay automatically or?

i remember the staff in the store told me I should pay before the renewal date.

so I didn’t have to do anything?

The system will take money from Available Funds. You have $130. You have enough to last you another 3 months. When your balance gets down to less than your renewal then you need to give it some more money.

At this point in time...no...you're good to go...for 3 months 🙂

@molles: Did you see my edit above in a prior post?

You currently have $130 dollars waiting to be used.

How much is your plan?

molles

oh, do you mean it will pay automatically or?

i remember the staff in the store told me I should pay before the renewal date.

so I didn’t have to do anything?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

According to that screenshot, your plan is covered by the $130 in your available balance.  So there's no rush to worry about at the moment.

Why are you trying to add more now?  Your payment date is tomorrow, and renewal will happen early morning Thursday.

And with that balance, the account will renew for the next 3 months!

Edit: Nor do I know of any "public mobile" stores in malls. Hmm. I hope you didn't get taken. That's a lot of money.

But still...why do you have $130 balance? Is it possible you had entered those vouchers in already? Maybe you had a $10 referral then you added this $160 then the system renewed you last month leaving you now with $130 balance?

Is any of that possible?

According to that screenshot, your plan is covered by the $130 in your available balance.  So there's no rush to worry about at the moment.

Why are you trying to add more now?  Your payment date is tomorrow, and renewal will happen early morning Thursday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:

@bryclops wrote:

Where did you buy these from?  I haven't seen vouchers like that before.

its a "public mobile"store in a mall. I think its a more individual one?

but i can use the SIM and there do have $130 in my account.

i wonder if my pin has been used by someone else

Then you're fine. Your service will renew. But you would definitely want to figure out what's wrong with your vouchers.

molles

@bryclops wrote:

its a "public mobile"store in a mall. I think its a more individual one?

but i can use the SIM and there do have $130 in my account.

捕获.JPG

i wonder if my pin has been used by someone else

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:

I should pay $40 evey month, but i didnt turn on auto-pay

my renewal date is oct.4 so its kinda hurry.i have to pay before that day

yes, i tried 611. it didnt work

i dont know what to do now

What does the big number at the top of your Overview page say next to Available Funds?

molles

I should pay $40 evey month, but i didnt turn on auto-pay

my renewal date is oct.4 so its kinda hurry.i have to pay before that day

yes, i tried 611. it didnt work

i dont know what to do now

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@molles wrote:

I bought it on Sep.4, its time for me to make a payment for October

BUT it always failed:

Unfortunately, Voucher # could not be added. Please verify the Voucher and try again.

and differently I got 2 pins, but neither did them work

Does anybody know whats wrong with my account?
I do have $130 in my account but now i cant do anything with it:(

What is your renewal amount?

Did you try 611?

If you have $130 in your Available Funds and your renewal is less than that (or equal) then the renewal will take those funds and renew your account overnight of the expiry. It doesn't renew early.

Need Help? Let's chat.