cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HST charged when adding $ to account

NateinTO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account is all paid up but I needed to add $20 to purchase an add-on. However, my credit card was also charged the HST, but only put $20 credit on my account. What gives?   

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker great summary!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I'm having a hard time with all the replies in this thread, so I'm going to summarize:

Plans listed by Public Mobile are WITHOUT taxes.

Payments, no matter how you make them, will be charged applicable taxes based on your province, at the time of purchase.

Taxes will not show EVER in Public Mobile, unless you request an invoice (after the fact).

Sales tax is charged at the time of top up. You  were charged correctly.  I don't know of many business that are required to charge sales tax that advertise prices as taxes included.  Public Mobile is no different.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the same case when you buy voucher you have to tack on tax

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Account balances have to be shown without the tax so that it matches to the costs which are also shown without tax.  A mix and match system would be totally confusing.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NateinTO  all prices displayed are pre tax amounts (plans and addons)  when you add funds you get charged tax but the balance shown is pre tax

Need Help? Let's chat.