cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!

chip
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account has been suspended and I have no phone service!

It says it can not process my payments, but there is room on my visa.  Nothing is wrong on Visa's end.  This is SO FRUSTRATING!

I need my account reactiviated!!!!!

16 REPLIES 16

@yxynhs wrote:

Just give a call to customer support, they can solve youy problem

Do you have the phone number? 

Public Mobile doesn't accept phone calls from customers for service.

@RossNThere is actually a Public Mobile support number if you dig through the archives.. It is still active ie you can ring it and it asks for your phone number.. but the problem is it doesn't go anywhere after you enter the number.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@chipYou can always reactivate your account and port your phone 20 days later to try to minimze loss. I won't port on the very last day, because there is a risk that things would end badly and you loose the number if you care about it.

Ajison
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

nope. once you have ported your number, all the unused portion of your service is gone forever. there is no refund for that. 

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am seeing some interesting comments posted.

My recommendation is to send a quick email to the moderator team about your situation. Generally, they are quick in responding to questions. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@chip Not very likely since it is a pre paid service

chip

I guess I will try that.

This is not the first issue I have had in the past few months so I am planning on trying out Lucky (on the Bell network).  The only problem I had doing the switch, is that Lucky can not port my number from Public because the account is not active!  

I have tried everyway possible to update my credit card info, put my debit card in as a payment option, and nothing works.   I keep getting a message that they can not verify my card information.  Bizarre because the same credit card has been on the account for the past year.

If I go and get a top-up card from the store, re-activate the account, and then swtich providers, will Public refund the unused portion of this month's payment?

chip

Tried that trick.. didnt work.

@yxynhs lol are you being serious? would you have there number ?

yxynhs

Just give a call to customer support, they can solve youy problem

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost/stolen phone trick.  Where you log in to your self serve and report your phone lost, this will deactivate your sim and wait about 5 minutes and log back in and report it found, this will reactivate your sim and hopefully give it the kick it needs.  Or you can send a private message to the moderators.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@chip wrote:

My account has been suspended and I have no phone service!

It says it can not process my payments, but there is room on my visa.  Nothing is wrong on Visa's end.  This is SO FRUSTRATING!

I need my account reactiviated!!!!!

@chip  Was your plan up for renewal? If can still make calls then ignore this message your account status will automatically change back to active. If your phone is not working then you need to purchase a voucher to get back up and running until you can resolve the cc issue by contacting a moderator.

PM-Pay1.JPGPM-Pay2.JPG

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@chipIn the mean time go out and get a voucher and use *611 to get your phone working. Moderators might get quite a while to get back to you.. so this way you will at least get phone service ASAP.

Pro tip.. always preload a bit of credit into the system just in case.. the payment system is known to be finicky.. It sucks but it saves a few bucks here and there.

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will have to contact the moderators to get access, you can send them a private message here: link

Moderators can take anywhere from 2 to 48 hours, depending on how many customers are ahead of you.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@chip 

You could try dialing 611 on your phone to see whether that would work.  Is the credit card registered for autopay?  Did anything recently change?

If not registered for autopay, you could try again with different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode. Chrome incongito works well with this site.  Make sure address is exactly match your credit card information.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  

If still not working, you could buy a payment voucher either in store or online (via recharge.com - service charge applies)

RossN
Mayor / Maire

h did you try paying on your phone *611

Need Help? Let's chat.