cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! ADDED new credit card and now public mobile is showing as plan expired???!!!

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When it comes to making simple payment issues I am pissed off  with using Public Mobile because it always seem so confusing and glitchy with their site. My payment is due on June 1st and just few days ago i went and updated my new credit card info. They accepted it . Today i received a text that my payment is due and there is  not enough money to cover my plan.  I am always on auto pay!  I go back to my account to see what happened 

i noticed a few things.

I have a credit of $3. My plan is $40 so shouldn't i be charged $37 instead of $40?? 

can someone please explain why I am not getting a discount charged each month.

I updated my bloody credit card which they accepted and now they frigging suspended it.  I changed it to auto pay and i still see its suspended.   I need to just my phone tomorrow for work. Is is always a constant pain dealing with public mobile when it comes to payment issues... I tried to reactivate my current plan after realizing that Public Mobile is not accepting my auto pay so i make a payment directly and then i get a message saying that my payment has been topped. So did they charge my cc?? If they did then why am i still deactivated and expired for my plan????? 

Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance

Jun 1, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$37.00 $40.00
Jun 1, 2020Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$2.00 $3.00
Jun 1, 2020Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$1.00 $1.00

10 REPLIES 10

Moderator_Team,

Do the moderators no longer wish for customers to use SIMon?

In any event, I believe that it was established that the $3 in "payments" was simply the way that the system shows the appication of rewards to the customer.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

Please, send us a private message via Community and we will gladly assist you with this. 

Public Mobile Team

@kb_mv 

I find a very low percentage of members use the search bar but it's very good at finding answers. It's my go to when I don't know the answer to a question....but some people are better at research than others.

This isn't specifically directed at the OP but does no one search these boards to see if their problem is unique? I searched "account suspended" and came up with 3000 posts, the second of which explains the issue we see here. 

@twlau65 

I'm a little surprised that this hasn't been explained to you before this....or you haven't figured it out but just so you know going forward.....your plan renewal occurs as follows:

1. Plan expired shows in your account.
  2. Plan suspended shows in your account.
  3. Any rewards in your account will be converted to an account credit in your payment history.
  4. Your plan amount will be charged as a debit to your account in your payment history.
  5. Plan amount will be taken from your available funds in your payment history.
  6. Any outstanding payment will be charged to your card registered for autopay.
  7. Plan will change to active status in your account.
  8. At about noon et you will recieve two texts one saying your rewards have  been successfully applied to your account and the other saying your plan has been successfully renewed.

As long as you have your services still working through out this overnight process do nothing except possibly rebooting your phone if you feel it might be necessary.

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you!!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65  If your phone is working ignore that message it's just part of how the plan renewal works. From your screenshot everything looks normal. Everything will be back to normal by the morning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@twlau65 

This is your renewal night. If your services are working then just leave it alone. If it's not working in the morning then you have a problem.

You're fine. Your credit card was only billed $37+tax. The other $3 was covered by rewards. Your account isn't really expired unless your service has stopped working. If your service works, ignore any such messages.

As for the way the charges are listed, that's really an accounting thing. The rewards are listed as charges to balance out the other side that has a $40 plan fee.

Need Help? Let's chat.