cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandfather gave me his old public mobile sim card not sure how to top it up and use it

Chadrowett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello public mobile, my grandfather gave me his old public mobile sim card and it already had a phone number attached to it but im having issues creating a top up account or adding money to it , i cannot also log into the account online, if i could get some help that would be great

9 REPLIES 9

@Chadrowett

Unless your grandfather gave you the SIM/account loaded up with a prepaid balance then getting your own SIM card with your own account is a good option.  If you're quick enough to grab one of these promos - which are both only available to new customers and only available until April 2nd, 2018 - then you can get a new PM SIM card without even paying $10.

Re: Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 when you sign up for a Public Mobile 30-day plan

$30, 30 days, 1GB

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry I guess I am not updated. Still this is an option. 

@pulp74wrote:

Hi. If your grandfather doesn't have all the nessesary login info and there is no much money on the account I would suggest go to any Walmart store and buy new Sim card for 5 dollars. This way you don't have to go through all the hussle finding login information. Just create new account from the beginning. Good luck. 

Public Mobile SIM cards have been $10 accross the board (online and at the retailers who stock them: WOW, K-Mobile and Walmart) since Summer 2017.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is he on a grandfathered plan?

................ sorry. I had too 😂

But, if you can log into his account, you can easily change the name, email, address, password, just about everything to make it totally yours. 

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. If your grandfather doesn't have all the nessesary login info and there is no much money on the account I would suggest go to any Walmart store and buy new Sim card for 5 dollars. This way you don't have to go through all the hussle finding login information. Just create new account from the beginning. Good luck. 

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Chadrowett

Your best bet is to ask your grandfather for his log in details, you cannot create a new account from an already used SIM but you can continue using his and just change the name and address attached online. If your grandfather however ported his number from the account then it’s closed and the SIM is useless for you.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You can ask your grandfather for the necessary account login information: username/email, password, secret question, etc.  Or it might be stored ("remembered" by the browser) on whichever computer he used to login the account.

You can call *611 from the phone, if it's working.  Although you'll need your grandfather's PIN code to change anything on the account.

And you can contact the mods - although, to be honest, I'm unsure what PM's official policy is about transferring ownership of accounts, they may not be able to help you.

Chadrowett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think he deactivated it but im almost certain it has not been 90 days 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Chadrowettwrote:

Hello public mobile, my grandfather gave me his old public mobile sim card and it already had a phone number attached to it but im having issues creating a top up account or adding money to it , i cannot also log into the account online, if i could get some help that would be great

@Chadrowettwrote:

How long has the sim been deactivated?  If it is longer then 90 days the card is no good anymore and you will need to purchase a new SIM card.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.