cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got charged twice

axilefo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a sim card at Walmart. They charged me 10 $ for the chip and 22$  plus tax for the 15$ plan. No, they told me they are gonna give me back 7$. 

Also when I register online to activate my sim card, I got charged once again 15$ plus tax.

I do not see the exceedance in my balance

8 REPLIES 8

@axilefoLog into your selfserve.. click on Payment.. click on One Time Payment.. and change the drop down to Payment Voucher

Payment VoucherPayment Voucher

axilefo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, well I was automatically charged a voucher. They gave me a PIN now that I see. How can I use it actually?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@axilefo wrote:

I bought a sim card at Walmart. They charged me 10 $ for the chip and 22$  plus tax for the 15$ plan. No, they told me they are gonna give me back 7$. 

Also when I register online to activate my sim card, I got charged once again 15$ plus tax.

@axilefo It appears that after you were sold the PM sim and the $20 PM voucher you activated your sim card at home. During activation you setup Autopay and used your credit card to psy for your plan. Correct? If yes, then you need to enter the voucher amount into your account funds.

Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

Once that is done the $20 will show up in your account funds and will be used during your next renewal.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@axilefo , assuming that you did buy a voucher to use in the activation, did you use it or did you use a credit card.  There is no way for Public Mobile to charge you "twice" if you used the voucher.  If the voucher has not been used, it can still be used for paying subsequent months.  I don't understand this $7 credit thing.  I have never heard of it.  Who is they that will give $7 back to you?

I think they are referring to the oddball valued PM vouchers out there that were meant for plans that no longer exist. The $7 credit is the difference between the plan cost and the voucher value, so the credit would sit on the PM account until next time basically.

Edit: If I recall correctly the vouchers were: $22, 28, 38, 43 and $60.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@axilefoIt sounds like the $15 is the balance from your $22 voucher? I don't think anyone will give you $7 back though, I think you would need to go back to the Walmart counter to clarify.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@axilefo wrote:

@axilefo Would it be possible to post a copy of your Walmart receipt minus any personal info so that we can help you decipher what happened.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@axilefo , assuming that you did buy a voucher to use in the activation, did you use it or did you use a credit card.  There is no way for Public Mobile to charge you "twice" if you used the voucher.  If the voucher has not been used, it can still be used for paying subsequent months.  I don't understand this $7 credit thing.  I have never heard of it.  Who is they that will give $7 back to you?

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@axilefo wrote:

So you bought the SIM and a Voucher? You activated the SIM and applied the voucher and it still billed your credit card? It sounds like your voucher didn't apply. They can take up to 24 hours to activate sometimes depending on how the store processes them.

Need Help? Let's chat.