cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the "cannot verify your credit card info" warning.

finman33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm getting the "cannot verify your credit card info" warning for some reason. Why won't PM take my money?

Edit: exact message

"Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

8 REPLIES 8

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@finman33 wrote:

I'm getting the "cannot verify your credit card info" warning for some reason. Why won't PM take my money?

Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Hi,

Just curious, was your credit card charged? Did you try using a different credit card?

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@finman33 wrote:

By chance,

Are you using this credit card with any other Public Mobile Account? I found that I could only use it with two accounts and it gives me that same error afterwards.

finman33

It worked yesterday to buy food.

finman33

Visa, and I used it yesterday to buy food.

Are you saying I'm supposed to format the postal code as: L#L#L (letter/number) rather than L#L#L# and leave out the apartment number entirely?

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@finman33

What kind of credit card is it?

Just for your information, I had a similar issue when I was trying to use a Tangerine Mastercard.  It wouldn't work when singing up and it would not add when I used the self serve later with the same message you received. I checked the address, made sure both Public Mobile and Tangerine matched, but it still would not work.

However, I was recently sent a new card because the old one expired and I was able to add that one without a problem.

Here is a thread on it, some others had the same error.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Tangerine-Mastercard-Autopay/...

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@finman33Are you sure the credit card is in good standing? I have had my credit card declined only to find out after calling the issuers company had put a "lock" on my account due to possible fraudulent activity days before this. They did not inform me till I called in. What a PAIN IN THE A!

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@finman33 wrote:

What kind of card? Is it canadian? Is it actually a debit or is it real credit credit card? PM does not accept all types. You also have to make 100% sure the information is correct, there is also tricks like leaving out the last digit of the postal code, no space in postal code and removing your apartment address.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Fast solution recharge.com and buy a voucher and use that.

Cc common issues,:

Make sure selfserve and billing address are exactly the same

Leave out apartment number or unit number

Leave last digit of postal code out

Need Help? Let's chat.