cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get money back

Roshan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Actually I bought a new sim card activate it in my phone, get number and then I figure out that the network is not working in my phone. There is none any network sign in my phone and if I try to put this card in another phone it's working. But I don't want to buy any new phone and Its not working in my phone. Since I already paid the amount for card and my plan, how should I get that back? 

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Roshan1 wrote:

Actually I bought a new sim card activate it in my phone, get number and then I figure out that the network is not working in my phone. There is none any network sign in my phone and if I try to put this card in another phone it's working. But I don't want to buy any new phone and Its not working in my phone. Since I already paid the amount for card and my plan, how should I get that back? 

@Roshan1 

I would guess either 3 things are happening:

1 - Is your phone locked, as others are suggesting. 

Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

2 - Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

3 - Your phone is not compatible with Public Mobile.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Always good to check whether a phone will work with any provider, especially Public Mobile. Use more than one source to be sure.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

• 3G or WCDMA 2 and 5 bands  makes the phone compatible, which is needed for phone calls, and can also be used for text messaging and data.
  • LTE can be used for text messaging and data.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No signal ....  probably the phone is locked to another provider. 

OR the band difference. Did you buy this phone in Canada or elsewhere?

Does this phone worked with another SIM (Koodo, Telus etc.)

And the SIM worked with another phone.. and asking for a refund... :sigh:

@CountyDownIeUk...the OP only stayed long enuff to belly-ache about his experience with PM...but doesn't want any help in making it work. That's ok...we'll be here here when he gets back.

edited by computergeek: removed inappropriate language

@Yummy wrote:

Did your phone EVER worked with any SIM before you tried PM?

Could you provide some more info regarding your phone, please. Maybe phone is broken...

Right appears you have a phone issue to deal with. Since you say the SIM does work in another phone. Not a PM problem. 

So...what kind of phone do you have, make, model, software version?

Did your phone EVER worked with any SIM before you tried PM?

Could you provide some more info regarding your phone, please. Maybe phone is broken...

@0PX9O4 

The CSA's don't merge threads especially the couple of overnight ones....plus they will have their hands full with tonight's latest ongoing spam attack. But @computergeek541 Will be out and about in a couple of hours to merge threads.

Too bad the OP disappeared I got all excited for a one on one troubleshooting session and instead....crickets! C'est la vie!

0PX9O4

Just to add to everything that @darlicious has already stated and asked:

If the PM SIM is not working on your phone, it's quite possible that a SIM from another carrier may not, either.

If one is not even sure of the underlying cause of the issue, I don't see how a refund could fix anything even if refunds were available (which they are not).

0PX9O4

Can one of the mods please merge this thread with the one at the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/How-to-get-rid-of-public-mobi... ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Roshan1 

Ok this is a little more info. So the sim card is working in another phone. What is the make and model number of your phone?

@Roshan1 

It sounds like from your description that your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. This happens sometimes. If you can try putting the pm sim card in another phone to see if you get the same result. What is the make and model of your phone? Is there any chance that it is locked?

We can rule out a few possible issues and determine if it is a provisioning issue then you can contact customer support and when they open up for business in a few hours they can sort you out. But in case it is something else we can figure that out in the meantime.

@Roshan1 

Sorry but pm is prepaid. No refunds. So let's try to sort out the issue with your sim card. Do you have any services? Text? Calls? Data? What is the message on your phone?

Roshan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my card and its not working in my phone and I already paid for card and plan. And now I want my money back, how should I get back that money? 

Need Help? Let's chat.