cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a refund

deaconJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Purchased SIM card & paid for service for my husband only to find that his iPhone is damaged and cannot interface with the SIM. How do I cancel the service & get a refund or transfer $ to my account?

10 REPLIES 10

When you have an iPhone that just does not work right. Don’t procrastinate.....either do a DFU on it or do a full reset on it and start from scratch.  Make your SIM card is clean and your SIM tray is installed properly.

AND if you do a full reset on it using iTunes and a computer....if the phone is unlocked the last screen on iTunes will indicate that it is....no message = carrier locked. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @deaconJ 

Was the device active and working with another network very recently?

If so, how did it become unusable for use with the PM SIM card?

Is it possible the device may be 'blacklisted' (which means it won't work on ANY network) - check here to be sure:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada - DeviceCheck.ca

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@deaconJ wrote:

Purchased SIM card & paid for service for my husband only to find that his iPhone is damaged and cannot interface with the SIM. How do I cancel the service & get a refund or transfer $ to my account?

Was his phone working before he signed up with PM?????

You will not be able to get refund for pre-paid services. I would suggest to get another phone (or fix his) since you want to be with PM. Get any cheap phone before he picks something he likes.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@deaconJ if the iPhone is damaged,  then you need a replacement phone anyway.  I don't see why you have to cancel thr service.   Get a good phone and you can start using it  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@deaconJ 

Not sure if this is basis for a refund (which may rarely happen anyways since this is a prepaid service. The issue is with the phone,  use the SIM in another phone to make sure services work.

If so, put the SIM back in the iPhone amd perform a reset of the network settings. 

Also, ensure the phone is unlocked from the previous provider. 

@deaconJ 

Prepaid service with all providers is non-refundable. The sim card is activated and working so there is no fault on pm's end to even make a case with customer support. If the iPhone is not able to read sim cards its just time for a new phone. We can offer some suggestions for a new phone. Is your husband loyal to Apple products or would he be open to an android product?

Maybe PM  will buy that phone for them too 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deaconJ 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deaconJ : Does his iphone work with any other SIM? Maybe get another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.