cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Dated Plan Switch

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I future dated a plan for today (August 16). I went from the Fall 16 promo 120/90 days to the $40 for 4.5GB 3G for 30 days.

However my account is saying that after my $11 in rewards is taken into account (which was $21 if it was still the 90 day plan) I still owe $109 which is obv the old 90 day plan. 

Is this just a glitch and it will fix itself saying I owe $29 for the 30 day new plan?

I'm hoping so. I guess if it is still this way when i wake up i will PM the mods.

18 REPLIES 18

I've come to agree that things are right in the process of changing from 90 to 30 day.  If you signed up with AutoPay during activation, you paid full price for your first cycle, but on renewal, the AutoPay reward included the first cycle reward for AutoPay and the reward for the 'renewing cycle'.  In my case @2 for 30-day cycle plus $6 going into the 90-day cycle.  Friend referrals happen in the same manner, as do loyalty.

Community Rewards accumulate between cycles and apply for the renewal payment, and should not change when switching between cycle lengths.

In my case when I first thought about changing, my renewal occurred on the same day as community rewards were given, and for whatever reason, I did not receive my community rewards for that month.  I've scheduled and cancelled changes a lot this 90-day  cycle... It's showing the right math each time now.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am I switched from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan 5 or 6 days ago. I had accumulated $19 in community rewards (not counting referrals and autopay). The full 19 dollars was applied on the renewal day. So if you gather up a bunch of community rewards on a 90 day plan, then switch to a 30 day plan before the renewal date, the full reward will be applied if necesssary. The refer a friend and Autopay were applied as normally would be applied on a 30 day plan. 

GC

@Acekiller wrote:

the new plan makes sense if you needed the extra data or make a LOT of canada wide calls. Otherwise, I rather stay on LTE than 3G

I try not to use data for streaming, etc...so for my uses, it should be a good fit. I'll be sure to chime in if that isnt the case.

@will13am wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

Yeah it changed. All is good now!

Good news!  I am curious how rewards worked out.  For something like community reward where a 90 day renewal will provide up to 3 separate payments, did you just end up with one?  Likewise, I take it auto pay goes from $6 to $2.  

Yes it goes from 6 to 2. But over the 90 days you will still be getting the same amount.

@stonechucker wrote:

@JL9, good to hear.  The correct AutoPay amount deducted?  No extra available funds in your tank?

Correct

@JL9 wrote:

Good news!  I am curious how rewards worked out.  For something like community reward where a 90 day renewal will provide up to 3 separate payments, did you just end up with one?  Likewise, I take it auto pay goes from $6 to $2.  

GreatCanadian

@JL9 wrote:

Awesome!! I've future-dated plans a number of times on 4 separate family accounts. It's always worked like this, and is never an issue.

GC

Acekiller

the new plan makes sense if you needed the extra data or make a LOT of canada wide calls. Otherwise, I rather stay on LTE than 3G

@JL9, good to hear.  The correct AutoPay amount deducted?  No extra available funds in your tank?

GreatCanadian

I switched from 90 day to 30. What you're seeing is normal. It will fix itself when it renews  Make sure that you see the message "Plan will change to $40 plan on August 16th" in your self serve account. Or something like that. If you see that you're good to go.

GC 

It’s 5:47 AM Eastern, waiting for your results.  I’m ready to press the cancel button if it fails for you.  My renewal date is Sept 8th, with the same change planned.

@will13am wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@JL9, you took the plunge and did the plan change!  I thought long and hard about it but decided not to because there was a loss of two months of rewards and I was not in a real need for 500 megs of extra data per month.  So are you doing this to position yourself to be offered a chance to move up the food chain?

@will13am I like going from province wide to Canada wide just in case, extra half gig is a bonus I guess. What was holding me back was the discrepancy in rewards but apparently I was looking at it wrong and I won't be losing anything...so I guess we will see if that is the case and it all pans out. Not really looking for any offers. Enjoying PM and think the rewards would keep me here over a Koodo postpai

I recall previously in a discussion about what happens when there is transition from 90 to 30 day plan, 1/3 of the rewards were lost because only 30 days worth of rewards are used in the calculation. 

That's what I thought as well but then other threads were saying you get all your rewards up front for whatever you prepay so it will be less rewards than 90 days. But if you multiply those rewards by 3 (30 days x 3) works out to the same thing. After a few months all of it just wore me down and I tapped out lol ...I'll just give it a go.

@JL9 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@JL9, you took the plunge and did the plan change!  I thought long and hard about it but decided not to because there was a loss of two months of rewards and I was not in a real need for 500 megs of extra data per month.  So are you doing this to position yourself to be offered a chance to move up the food chain?

@will13am I like going from province wide to Canada wide just in case, extra half gig is a bonus I guess. What was holding me back was the discrepancy in rewards but apparently I was looking at it wrong and I won't be losing anything...so I guess we will see if that is the case and it all pans out. Not really looking for any offers. Enjoying PM and think the rewards would keep me here over a Koodo postpai

I recall previously in a discussion about what happens when there is transition from 90 to 30 day plan, 1/3 of the rewards were lost because only 30 days worth of rewards are used in the calculation. 

@will13am wrote:

@will13am I like going from province wide to Canada wide just in case, extra half gig is a bonus I guess. What was holding me back was the discrepancy in rewards but apparently I was looking at it wrong and I won't be losing anything...so I guess we will see if that is the case and it all pans out. Not really looking for any offers. Enjoying PM and think the rewards would keep me here over a Koodo postpaid

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

I future dated a plan for today (August 16). I went from the Fall 16 promo 120/90 days to the $40 for 4.5GB 3G for 30 days.

However my account is saying that after my $11 in rewards is taken into account (which was $21 if it was still the 90 day plan) I still owe $109 which is obv the old 90 day plan. 

Is this just a glitch and it will fix itself saying I owe $29 for the 30 day new plan?

I'm hoping so. I guess if it is still this way when i wake up i will PM the mods.

You must be eastern time zone as it is still the 15th here lol. So is the 16th the renewal date or the 17th?  What date is in your rewards section, as that is the one I find more accurate.  If it is the 16th wait a few more hours as it could still be going through the transition.  One this we learn about PM is never rush anything lol.  Let us know how it goes over the next couple of days

My autopay (that autocorrected to autopsy...how morbid lol) date is August 15th. So the renewal date usually over night the next day. It is 1AM on the 16th now so when I wake up it will usually be completed, but I want it to be to the new plan that is on deck in the future dated plan section. So I guess we will see lol.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JL9 wrote:

You must be eastern time zone as it is still the 15th here lol. So is the 16th the renewal date or the 17th?  What date is in your rewards section, as that is the one I find more accurate.  If it is the 16th wait a few more hours as it could still be going through the transition.  One this we learn about PM is never rush anything lol.  Let us know how it goes over the next couple of days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.