cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds in account, plan will not renew

mikey5time
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is clearly intentional to get people to change to the new plans. The payment went through but the phone was deactivated anyways.

11 REPLIES 11

Percyd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

This is one of the persistent weaknesses with Public Mobile.  They should never rely on customers at large to be the spokesperson for handling system problems.  It is really outside of our element.  Owner representatives should be ahead of the curve on such matters.  Head in sand approach resolves nothing.  

The air is positively THICK with irony! 🙄

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

They should give me a job....I have no such problem of keeping mum on such matters!🤣

What I mean is that there is more to these kinds of problems than just guiding the customer  in which you and others in the community do a great job.  There is damage limitation to the brand and other tangible impacts to consider.  A customer can never represent the owner in such situations.  

@will13am 

They should give me a job....I have no such problem of keeping mum on such matters!🤣

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

I agree. Public Mobile has done a terrible job of informing its customers of the autopay system issue and whether or not the issue has been fixed or if other proactive measures should be taken (such as prepaying for renewal.) Posting an announcement that gave clear instructions on how to manually top up and/or pay and reactivate their services thru self serve or 611 and the different payment options all in one post on the landing page would have been immensely helpful. System issues don't take holidays off....pm managers should have at least directed a senior moderator to take the intiative to address customers on the community landing page. System failures affect all providers and while inconvenient are understandable not publicly addressing them is not and for some is unforgivable.

@mikey5time 

Did you get your services working again? If you have been unable to get the system to take your payment from your balance go to the the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your payment should be taken and refected as so in your payment history and your service showing as active. Log out and reboot your phone.

This is one of the persistent weaknesses with Public Mobile.  They should never rely on customers at large to be the spokesperson for handling system problems.  It is really outside of our element.  Owner representatives should be ahead of the curve on such matters.  Head in sand approach resolves nothing.  

@will13am 

I agree. Public Mobile has done a terrible job of informing its customers of the autopay system issue and whether or not the issue has been fixed or if other proactive measures should be taken (such as prepaying for renewal.) Posting an announcement that gave clear instructions on how to manually top up and/or pay and reactivate their services thru self serve or 611 and the different payment options all in one post on the landing page would have been immensely helpful. System issues don't take holidays off....pm managers should have at least directed a senior moderator to take the intiative to address customers on the community landing page. System failures affect all providers and while inconvenient are understandable not publicly addressing them is not and for some is unforgivable.

@mikey5time 

Did you get your services working again? If you have been unable to get the system to take your payment from your balance go to the the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your payment should be taken and refected as so in your payment history and your service showing as active. Log out and reboot your phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't believe there is any intentions to mess up account renewals as there is nothing to gain and everything to lose.  I have to say this is the only service provider that I have ever used that has payment failures.  For the very first time when I started to see what appeared to be an inordinate number of failures, I actually did a manual top up to one of my account that renewed a day ago.  I can attest that with sufficient funds available to pay for the renewal (net of rewards), there was no drama in the end.  It would be nice if a moderator team member would say something to put customers at ease and perhaps suggest guidance such as having sufficient account funds available in advance of renewal just in case.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mikey5time 

I do not believe public mobile is manufacturing this as a means to have customers move from their canada-wide to their provincial-wide plans. 

When a customer is reactivating/ renewing a suspended or expired service, they do not forfeit the existing plan that they are on, so they would not lose the existing canada-wide plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mikey5time

I agree there has been some pretty sad stuff happening in the last 24 hours with respect to customers going through renewals at public mobile.

If you are certain that the payment went through, check your self serve account to see if it is resting in the available funds area. If it is, check for a reactivate button to reinitiate your service.

As @esjliv provides, you may have to make a manual payment on your self serve account, or through *611, in order to reactivate service

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mikey5time wrote:

This is clearly intentional to get people to change to the new plans. The payment went through but the phone was deactivated anyways.

Hi @mikey5time ,

IF your credit card was NOT charged, your Autopay likely failed.

Make a manual payment by calling 611 or through your Self Serve account.

If your credit card was charged? Can you hit the Reactivate/Resume button in your Self Serve account? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Some trouble-shooting try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Need Help? Let's chat.